Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Error popup on launch: "'Load QML Analyzer' has encountered a problem."
Error popup on launch: "'Load QML Analyzer' has encountered a problem." [message #1832784] Thu, 24 September 2020 23:45 Go to next message
Grayson Flood is currently offline Grayson FloodFriend
The full message is as follows:

"'Load QML Analyzer' has encountered a problem.

An internal error occurred during: "Load QML Analyzer"."

If I click "Details" I get:

"An internal error occurred during: "Load QML Analyzer".
Cannot invoke "javax.script.ScriptEngine.getContext()" because "this.engine" is null"

I'm on macOS, and I'm using Eclipse for a programming course through my university, so I'm new to the software and pretty new to programming in general, so I apologize for any lack of knowledge. I've emailed a TA about this, however this issue seems quite uncommon so it remains unresolved.

If I click "OK" on the popup I'm able to continue using Eclipse and it seems to work fine for everything I've tried to do on it so far, but the error is still annoying.

So far I've tried reinstalling JDK, as well as reinstalling Eclipse itself. My Mac had a software update I hadn't yet installed, so I tried that as well.

I'm not sure what else to try. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Re: Error popup on launch: "'Load QML Analyzer' has encountered a problem." [message #1832785 is a reply to message #1832784] Fri, 25 September 2020 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I suspect it's like this problem:

https://www.eclipse.org/lists/cdt-dev/msg34634.html

I.e., you are probably running with Java 15 which has yet again removed some packages/libraries that were previous available. You should have better luck running the IDE with Java 14.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Error popup on launch: "'Load QML Analyzer' has encountered a problem." [message #1832833 is a reply to message #1832785] Fri, 25 September 2020 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grayson Flood is currently offline Grayson FloodFriend
Ed Merks wrote on Fri, 25 September 2020 04:21
I suspect it's like this problem:

https://www.eclipse.org/lists/cdt-dev/msg34634.html

I.e., you are probably running with Java 15 which has yet again removed some packages/libraries that were previous available. You should have better luck running the IDE with Java 14.

That worked, thank you!
Re: Error popup on launch: "'Load QML Analyzer' has encountered a problem." [message #1851515 is a reply to message #1832833] Thu, 07 April 2022 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Engbers is currently offline Ben EngbersFriend
Hi,

I am using Eclipse 2021-06 (4.20.0) on Fedora 35 with the latest java (/usr/lib/jvm/java-18-openjdk-18.0.0.0.37-2.rolling.fc35.x86_64/bin/java).
I mostly use Eclipse as a C++ development environment or for XML tooling.

While starting Eclipse, I didn't see the "'Load QML Analyzer' has encountered a problem." message for quite some time but after a recent update, the message comes up again.

It has already been more than 5 years ago that I did Java-development so if I have to remove some java-jars, I will probably not miss them.
Is there any java-stuff that has to be removed in order to get rid of the message? If so, which java-stuff and how should that be done?

Ben
Re: Error popup on launch: "'Load QML Analyzer' has encountered a problem." [message #1851854 is a reply to message #1832784] Wed, 20 April 2022 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bon Jovi is currently offline Bon JoviFriend
Grayson Flood wrote on Thu, 24 September 2020 23:45
The full message is as follows:

"'Load QML Analyzer' has encountered a problem.

An internal error occurred during: "Load QML Analyzer"."

If I click "Details" I get:

"An internal error occurred during: "Load QML Analyzer".
Cannot invoke "javax.script.ScriptEngine.getContext()" because "this.engine" is null"io games

I'm on macOS, and I'm using Eclipse for a programming course through my university, so I'm new to the software and pretty new to programming in general, so I apologize for any lack of knowledge. I've emailed a TA about this, however, this issue seems quite uncommon so it remains unresolved.

If I click "OK" on the popup I'm able to continue using Eclipse and it seems to work fine for everything I've tried to do on it so far, but the error is still annoying. wordle website

So far I've tried reinstalling JDK, as well as reinstalling Eclipse itself. My Mac had a software update I hadn't yet installed, so I tried that as well.

I'm not sure what else to try. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

You are probably running with Java 15 which has yet again removed some packages/libraries that were previously available. You should have better luck running the IDE with Java 14.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 April 2022 09:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Error popup on launch: "'Load QML Analyzer' has encountered a problem." [message #1856322 is a reply to message #1851515] Fri, 02 December 2022 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem still persists, even now that I am using Fedora 17 with java-17-openjdk...
Re: Error popup on launch: "'Load QML Analyzer' has encountered a problem." [message #1856744 is a reply to message #1856322] Wed, 28 December 2022 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hieu Pham is currently offline Hieu PhamFriend
I am having this problem.
Re: Error popup on launch: "'Load QML Analyzer' has encountered a problem." [message #1856747 is a reply to message #1856322] Wed, 28 December 2022 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Well, yes, the features removed in Java 15 weren't added back in to later versions.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Error popup on launch: "'Load QML Analyzer' has encountered a problem." [message #1856751 is a reply to message #1856747] Wed, 28 December 2022 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

After upgrading Eclipse the probleme remained. So I just deleted Eclipse and installed the latest version. The problem has gone now.

Ben
Re: Error popup on launch: "'Load QML Analyzer' has encountered a problem." [message #1857795 is a reply to message #1856751] Sun, 26 February 2023 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danial Meruk is currently offline Danial MerukFriend
Ben Engbers wrote on Wed, 28 December 2022 15:21
Hi,

After upgrading Eclipse the probleme remained. So I just deleted Eclipse and installed the latest version. The problem has gone now.

Ben

Deleting Eclipse was the last option I gave a chance. After installing the latest version, it is finally working!

With the use of positive words, you can improve your mindset with positive words that start with r.
Re: Error popup on launch: "'Load QML Analyzer' has encountered a problem." [message #1862699 is a reply to message #1857795] Thu, 21 December 2023 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sabina Holt is currently offline Sabina HoltFriend
It seems like there might be an issue with the QML Analyzer in Eclipse. Since you've already tried reinstalling JDK and Eclipse, you may want to check if there's a specific plugin related to QML or scripting that needs updating. Additionally, searching online forums or Eclipse communities might provide insights into similar issues and potential solutions. If the error doesn't impact your work, you can continue using Eclipse, but seeking advice from your course's TA or online communities could help resolve the annoyance.
Re: Error popup on launch: "'Load QML Analyzer' has encountered a problem." [message #1862742 is a reply to message #1862699] Tue, 26 December 2023 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Valentin Marmon is currently offline Valentin MarmonFriend
I also encountered the same problem, but the above solution was not effective. Have you solved it?
Re: Error popup on launch: "'Load QML Analyzer' has encountered a problem." [message #1862766 is a reply to message #1862742] Thu, 28 December 2023 10:46 Go to previous message
As I already told on 28 December 2022 I deleted Eclipse and installed a new version.
I am now using 2023-12 and the problem has gone.
Previous Topic:Newb - Installation issue
Next Topic:Hello World
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:27:11 GMT 2024