Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Maximizing MPlaceholder with MArea
Maximizing MPlaceholder with MArea [message #1832639] Tue, 22 September 2020 13:16 Go to next message
Michał Fijałkowski is currently offline Michał FijałkowskiFriend
In my project I use MArea with PartStack as Shared Elements. Perspective contains Part Sash Containers with Placeholders having references to MArea from Shared Elements.
The problem is Maximizing, press Maximize button do change icon and tooltip only. Minimize and restore after works prefect.
Maybe someone also find this problem and could give me solution?
Re: Maximizing MPlaceholder with MArea [message #1832664 is a reply to message #1832639] Wed, 23 September 2020 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolf Theunissen is currently offline Rolf TheunissenFriend
It seems that elements that are not in a perspective stack are handled differently in the MinMaxAddon. Not sure if this is by design or it is a bug.

Try adding the IPresentationEngine.STANDALONE ("Standalone") tag to the MPlaceHolders that are directly contained in the MPartSashContainer. If your lucky, this will minimize the MPlaceHolders. If not, open a bug on Eclipse Platform UI.
Re: Maximizing MPlaceholder with MArea [message #1832665 is a reply to message #1832664] Wed, 23 September 2020 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All elements are in Perspective Stack (show image). I found problem in that MArea getParent() method return null so it can't find window for this element.

Add "Standalone" tag to all Placeholders make action that all elements are minimized aftert press Maximize button.

img: https://ibb.co/V3THqHX

[Updated on: Wed, 23 September 2020 07:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Maximizing MPlaceholder with MArea [message #1832671 is a reply to message #1832665] Wed, 23 September 2020 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I understand correctly, your original problem is solved. But you have another issue.

The parent of a element that is referenced by a MPlaceHolder is aways 'null', to get the current referenced model element you need the check the getCurSharedRef() on the MArea.

See also https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=562916, where there is a suggestion to make a helper function.

b.t.w. your screenshot is not visible, and you can attach pictures directly to the forum.
Re: Maximizing MPlaceholder with MArea [message #1832673 is a reply to message #1832671] Wed, 23 September 2020 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My original problem is not solved. Advice to add "Standalone" tag to Placeholders makes that all Placaholders are minimized after click Maximize button. Proper result will be minimize all Placeholder without this one I clicked Maximize.
https://imgur.com/ykBnW9F

[Updated on: Wed, 23 September 2020 08:55]

Re: Maximizing MPlaceholder with MArea [message #1832674 is a reply to message #1832673] Wed, 23 September 2020 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you add the "Standalone" tag to all placeholders, or only to the placeholders that are not contained in a part stack? Only the ones that are not in part stacks are truly standalone, others should not be marked with that tag.
Re: Maximizing MPlaceholder with MArea [message #1832676 is a reply to message #1832674] Wed, 23 September 2020 09:10 Go to previous message
I add "Standalone" to all plaaceholder in Application.e4x. How could I add this tag only to this Placeholders which are not Maximize?

Structure:

*Controls:
----Perspective Stack:
--------Part Sash Container
------------Placeholder (reference to Area)
------------Placeholder (reference to Area)

*Shared Elements:
----Area
--------Part Stack
----Area
--------Part Stack

[Updated on: Wed, 23 September 2020 10:27]

Previous Topic:Eclipse 2020-09-R
Next Topic:Link a part to another part in "e4 way"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 14:16:44 GMT 2024