Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » oomph property oomph.jreinfo.extra.search.path
oomph property oomph.jreinfo.extra.search.path [message #1832611] Tue, 22 September 2020 00:15 Go to next message
Mario Jauvin is currently offline Mario JauvinFriend
How does this property work (how do you set it and what do you set it to?)

Where is this documented? All I know is that on Windows it is semicolon seperated.
Re: oomph property oomph.jreinfo.extra.search.path [message #1832612 is a reply to message #1832611] Tue, 22 September 2020 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I appologise if this should be obvious but I googled it and only saw the JREIngo.java that references it.
Re: oomph property oomph.jreinfo.extra.search.path [message #1832613 is a reply to message #1832612] Tue, 22 September 2020 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
It can be set as a system property -Doomph.jreinfo.extra.search.path=... and each child folder of each folder specified on this path will be tested if it is a JDK, i.e., has a bin folder with a javac executable. Of course you can add JREs and JDKs via the dialogs in the installer or via the preferences manually too; these are stored in ~.eclipse/org.eclipse.oomph.jreinfo/* so are reusable across all installers and installations.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: oomph property oomph.jreinfo.extra.search.path [message #1832634 is a reply to message #1832613] Tue, 22 September 2020 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can we just add it to defaults.properties in ~.eclipse/org.eclipse.oomph.jreinfo/*? Or how would it be done? Any file name that ends in properties?
Re: oomph property oomph.jreinfo.extra.search.path [message #1832636 is a reply to message #1832634] Tue, 22 September 2020 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The one I added manually is stored in extra.txt just as a line "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.5". Perhaps you should explain your goal. E.g., I'm not sure how you know what JREs are even available on any particular machines unless you put them there via some task at a know path...

Ed Merks
Re: oomph property oomph.jreinfo.extra.search.path [message #1832644 is a reply to message #1832636] Tue, 22 September 2020 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My goal is to understand how it works. Then I will be better tooled to decide how I want to use it. All I knew was that if I added the jdk to the userprofile the detection was automatic. I want to add it elsewhere and hence would like to understand how it works. So, if I add it to extras.txt I just add the path, not the property? I presume there is no doc on this.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 September 2020 14:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: oomph property oomph.jreinfo.extra.search.path [message #1832646 is a reply to message #1832644] Tue, 22 September 2020 14:18 Go to previous message
I would suggest adding one manually via the dialog in the installer or via the Java Virtual Machine preferences---all use the same dialog---and look at how the properties are stored. Of course you can setup an Oomph environment and can run things under debug control as well...

Ed Merks
Previous Topic:Error at installation
Next Topic:Store workbench layout
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:35:48 GMT 2024