Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Polarsys » M2Doc » How to edit templates directly ?
How to edit templates directly ? [message #1832290] Tue, 15 September 2020 12:34 Go to next message
Pierre B is currently offline Pierre BFriend
Hello everyone,

I'm interested in the creation of my own templates for M2Doc.
My first objective is to manage to edit the basic templates provided with the example model. To do so, I wanted to install the Word add-in but I'm stuck in the installation because I cannot create shared files (because of my company not allowing me that).

However, templates are still pretty unfamiliar for me. Intuitively, I would just open the template.docx file into Word and write AQL queries directly in it. But when I'm opening those files in Word, I see nothing else than just basic format things (empty tables, titles, etc.) but nothing that looks like AQL here. So what do I miss ? How is it possible to directly/simply edit a template without the Word add-in ?

Thank you,

Pierre

[Updated on: Tue, 15 September 2020 12:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to edit templates directly ? [message #1832291 is a reply to message #1832290] Tue, 15 September 2020 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Samuel Rochet is currently offline Samuel RochetFriend
Hi Pierre,

M2Doc uses Word fields to declare dynamic elements. To make fields visible during the edition of your template in Microsoft Word, use ALT+F9. To insert a new field, use CTRL+F9.

See 'Syntax' section in https://www.m2doc.org/ref-doc/nightly/index.html#template-authoring for details.

Samuel
Re: How to edit templates directly ? [message #1832292 is a reply to message #1832291] Tue, 15 September 2020 12:51 Go to previous message
Pierre B is currently offline Pierre BFriend
Hi Samuel,

Thank you for your fast answer and well, I totally missed that piece of information. Helped a lot !
Previous Topic:M2Doc 3.1.0 is out
Next Topic:Unable to find source name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:11:11 GMT 2024