Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse deleted src folders, bin folders and the classpath file of imported projects
Eclipse deleted src folders, bin folders and the classpath file of imported projects [message #1832155] Thu, 10 September 2020 10:19 Go to next message
Max Meier is currently offline Max MeierFriend
Hello,

I am using Eclipse 2020-06 and have imported several projects in the workspace. After the import procedure the projects usually stay in workspace. In the project folder on the disk there are usually a src folder, a bin folder, a classpath file and a project file. The last time I started Eclipse it deleted automatically all files and folders except the project file from the disk. After the automatic delete process there was only the project file remaining in the project folder.

Additionally Eclipse automatically created a new bin folder in the project folder. This new bin folder contains an empty new src folder and a copy of the project file, that is already in the project folder.

All my java and class files are deleted. Restore from local history says that there are no deleted resources.

Does anyone have an idea what happened and what to do to get ma java files back. Unfortunately there is no backup of my recent work!
Re: Eclipse deleted src folders, bin folders and the classpath file of imported projects [message #1841614 is a reply to message #1832155] Sat, 22 May 2021 15:09 Go to previous message
Bogdan Drozdov is currently offline Bogdan DrozdovFriend
i just had the exact same problem, please notice this.
Previous Topic:Problem with open
Next Topic:Kotlin tutorial - Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:08:53 GMT 2024