Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Display messages for guidance while modeling.(Display messages for guidance fro each node while modeling in Sirius )
Display messages for guidance while modeling. [message #1832151] Thu, 10 September 2020 08:28 Go to next message
Sel ma is currently offline Sel maFriend
Hello all,

The scenario that I want to make is :

When selecting model elements from the palette , messages are displayed to guide the designer in making the right choices. These messages explain how to use/model the selected elements (indicate the association to be used between two events, explain the usefulness of the element in the model, etc.) to increase the quality of the generated models and applications.

How can I create this kind of message for each element of the palette .Any hlep/ hint is much appreciated

I have tried the documentation and the behavior section but in vain.

Best regards.

Selma
Re: Display messages for guidance while modeling. [message #1832192 is a reply to message #1832151] Fri, 11 September 2020 09:00 Go to previous message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

Do you mean selecting "model elements on the diagram" or "tools in the palette"?

You can add a listener or provide your own edit parts to react when a diagram element is selected or the mouse is over it. You can also modify your tools to add popups displaying messages. I guess that you would need to also have a button to activate/deactivate all these helps and hints for users that does not need it.

In my opinions, it would be less work to improve the modeler itself to be more user friendly (tool labels, variations on mappings and colors, fewer element to display per representations...) and some documentations on how to use your modeler.

Best regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:How to use generated editor as a plugin
Next Topic:[ANN] Sirius 6.3.3 and 6.3.4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:37:21 GMT 2024