Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Avoid generated editor code in Xcore
Avoid generated editor code in Xcore [message #1832045] Mon, 07 September 2020 11:38 Go to next message
Dimg Cim is currently offline Dimg CimFriend
Hello all,

I am on using the xcore generated model and edit code in another UI Framework then Eclipse UI Framework. I put all the generated mode and edit code in a same project. Is there a way deativate generation of the editor directly in xcore model?

Or should I delete the editor plugin each time I save the xcore model?

What are the best practises for this?

Best regards
Dimg
Re: Avoid generated editor code in Xcore [message #1832058 is a reply to message #1832045] Mon, 07 September 2020 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
What @GenModel annotations do you have? I expect the *.edit and *.editor projects to be generated only if the *.xcore is specifically annotated for that purpose. In a normal *.genmodel, setting the project folder (edit/editor) to the empty string disables it, and such annotations are also available in *.xcore models (and can be added via the Properties view when the package declaration is selected).

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Avoid generated editor code in Xcore [message #1832062 is a reply to message #1832058] Mon, 07 September 2020 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This works thank you, but why does the generation of the .model and .edit added the org.eclipse.core.runtime plugin the dependency? This should be not required by the edit and model plugin?
Re: Avoid generated editor code in Xcore [message #1832066 is a reply to message #1832062] Mon, 07 September 2020 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Given that all models depend on Ecore and that org.eclipse.emf.core and org.eclipse.emf.common depend on the org.eclipse.core.runtime (optional greedy), it matters not much whether it's added or not, there is still such a dependency. You can remove it if you don't feel it's explicitly necessary.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Avoid generated editor code in Xcore [message #1832068 is a reply to message #1832062] Mon, 07 September 2020 20:30 Go to previous message
Thanks for your help Ed.
Previous Topic:Test
Next Topic:Dependency graph between resources in a resourceSet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:29:34 GMT 2024