Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Mac Showing Error Message(Happens when making a new Java Project)
Mac Showing Error Message [message #1831702] Thu, 27 August 2020 04:38 Go to next message
Nick Chu is currently offline Nick ChuFriend
Hi,
I've used Eclipse before on Windows, but never on Mac. I installed the application without making any changes to the default settings, yet whenever I make a new Java Project a message reading "no source folder exists in the project". Is there any workaround to this? Will it affect any of the programs I make? Or is it just something I have to deal with that doesn't really mean anything.
Thanks!
Re: Mac Showing Error Message [message #1831792 is a reply to message #1831702] Sat, 29 August 2020 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but try selecting the other option in the Project Layout part of the page.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Mac Showing Error Message [message #1831844 is a reply to message #1831792] Mon, 31 August 2020 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Chu is currently offline Nick ChuFriend
I just tried it and it showed the same message.
Re: Mac Showing Error Message [message #1831949 is a reply to message #1831702] Thu, 03 September 2020 12:48 Go to previous message
Mark Smith is currently offline Mark SmithFriend
Follow this instruction to install eclipse on Mac
1.Download the Eclipse file, double click on it, which will expand tar file and create eclipse/.
2.Move eclipse/ into /Applications, which will create /Applications/eclipse/Eclipse.app
3.Click on the Eclipse icon, which will start up Eclipse.
4.Go to Setting the Eclipse Preferences.
Previous Topic:Could not run phased build action using Gradle distribution ~ A problem occurred evaluating project
Next Topic:Import java.sql
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:15:24 GMT 2024