Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse freezes when trying to complete search results(Eclipse freezes constantly after switching an environment variable)
Eclipse freezes when trying to complete search results [message #1831700] Wed, 26 August 2020 22:41
Elliott Vince Vince is currently offline Elliott Vince VinceFriend
Eclipse has been running normally for months.

Today, I was working on a project and I noticed that my JAVA_HOME variable was incorrect. The project is using Java 8, and for some reason I was pointing my JAVA_HOME variable to my installation of JDK 14 that I was using for another project.

It worked smoothly for a bit, but after a while I hovered over an object so I could import it, and eclipse froze. I restarted eclipse and tried again, to no success.

I get the message "The 'org.eclipse.jdt.ui.JavaAllCompletionProposalComputer' proposal computer from the 'org.eclipse.jdt.ui' plug-in did not complete normally. The extension took too long to return from the 'computeCompletionProposals()' operation."

Here is the full error log:
Note: It's a really long log, but I can't paste the link because this is my first post. It's on pastebin, and the paste id is 611cctUG.

My Environment Variables:

(User Variables)
JAVA_HOME: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_231

(System Variables)
JAVA_HOME: C\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_231
Path: C\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_231\bin
HOME: C:\Users\xxthe

Please let me know what's causing this error and how I can fix it. Thanks!

Previous Topic:How do I create and set up configs in eclipse
Next Topic:Trying to set up a JUnit project, following the documentation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 09:10:41 GMT 2024