Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How do I create and set up configs in eclipse(running configs)
How do I create and set up configs in eclipse [message #1831695] Wed, 26 August 2020 17:55 Go to next message
Crystal Briones is currently offline Crystal BrionesFriend
Hey there - I am very new to using eclipse and wanted to know if there was a way to use a config to use different URLs. At my works we have a test, stage, and prod environments. The URLs are different but I want to run the tests in each and get them running in our pipeline. Is there a way I can set up configs for each environment, one for test, stage, and Prod?

Re: How do I create and set up configs in eclipse [message #1831696 is a reply to message #1831695] Wed, 26 August 2020 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

What kinds of tests are you referring to, and what do you mean by "pipeline"? Is this specific to Eclipse?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: How do I create and set up configs in eclipse [message #1831697 is a reply to message #1831696] Wed, 26 August 2020 18:35 Go to previous message
Crystal Briones is currently offline Crystal BrionesFriend
Thanks for responding ! The test I am referring to are ones I created in Eclipse for things like, creating new customer accounts, logging in and out of an account, searching the site, etc. Each test is it own class within the project.

By pipeline, that is something we used to move code into our other environments and not in Eclipse.

I want to move away from using something like this:
driver.get("www.thisistest.com");

and instead, if possible, use a config to change that URL to whichever environment I am running the test on.
Previous Topic:Java couldn't be found....
Next Topic:Eclipse freezes when trying to complete search results
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:01:59 GMT 2024