Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » How can I use xtext embedded editor as a real editor page?
How can I use xtext embedded editor as a real editor page? [message #1831519] Fri, 21 August 2020 16:43 Go to next message
Yufei Zhou is currently offline Yufei ZhouFriend
Hi,

I'm currently working on a project to integrate with sirius. I found a example code on this site https://github.com/ObeoNetwork/Xtext-Sirius-integration, and the final result looks like this:
index.php/fa/38801/0/
The embedded editor is based on a swt widget called decoration, and I couldn't make it movable or closable. I hope I can turn the embedded editor into a new editor page, in order to let my user edit xtext code and sirius diagram at the same time. But I cannot find any tutorial or example projects for this. I now know that the xtext embedded editor can be attached to a swt composite, but I don't know how to make it attach to a real editor page. Or something like a real editor page is also fine.

Any advice or hint helps a lot. Thanks in advance.

Yufei Zhou
Re: How can I use xtext embedded editor as a real editor page? [message #1831531 is a reply to message #1831519] Fri, 21 August 2020 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Make an editor embedded is the hard bit, which you've copied, seemingly bypassong the easy bit which Xtext does naturally; create a standalone editor.

I suggest you follow a standard Xtext editor tutorial so that you do the easy bit.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: How can I use xtext embedded editor as a real editor page? [message #1831537 is a reply to message #1831531] Sat, 22 August 2020 06:45 Go to previous message
Tamas Miklossy is currently offline Tamas MiklossyFriend
Hello Yufei,

If you are interested in integrating Xtext with Sirius, you could try to reach the developers of the Xtext-Sirius-Integration.

Hope that helps,
Tamás
Previous Topic:Hide technical UID in XText editor
Next Topic:Maven build fails when using my own XtextGenerator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:27:03 GMT 2024