Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Any Magic for Widget Select?
Any Magic for Widget Select? [message #1831349] Mon, 17 August 2020 20:47 Go to next message
Brandon Lewis is currently offline Brandon LewisFriend
Man, I feel like a right proper idiot today. I've spent hours now - maybe coming up on a full work day, trying to populate a Select Widget with a list of items.

No matter what I do, I can't put data in this widget.

I'm trying to follow directions at:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Sirius/Tutorials/PropertiesViewTutorial#Widget_Select

This seems easy. I've been in the interpreter maybe 25 times trying to validate my list.

I've given up and I've started to try just passing [self/] and [self.eContents()/] and [root.eContents()/] [forTheLoveOfGodPleasePutSomeListDataINThisWidget()/]

and nothing works. Just an empty combo widget every single time. i've never seen it have any data in it.

Are there any debug tips anyone can pass that can help me figure out how stupid I'm being?

Is there a global list of objects I can easily access to see if ANY LIST of objects will be display in this thing?

A list widget is also blank. I can't seem to find any lists to stuff into this list display widgets. And I can't figure out what super stupid thing I'm overlooking.

If I pass [self/] or [container/] or [root/] to value expression (List) or candidate expression (Select) - should something appear?
Re: Any Magic for Widget Select? [message #1831350 is a reply to message #1831349] Mon, 17 August 2020 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should add that this select widget is within a dialog I'm popping up while trying to create a new Object. Unlike the example documentation I've pointed to, I'm not creating a property view.
Re: Any Magic for Widget Select? [message #1831352 is a reply to message #1831350] Mon, 17 August 2020 21:18 Go to previous message
Yay! I finally got it to work!

For anyone else pulling their hair out:

1) Using the built in interpreter is a brilliant way to debug your queries and expressions, but you have to know what object you're starting with. Sounds simple, but sometimes it isn't - especially when you're several layers deep into your description hierarchy you can get lost.
2) To double/triple/quad... check my expression, I put my aql: expression in a text box of my dialog. That way I could see the result from the query printed to the screen.
a) It's the last part that helped me realize what I was doing wrong.

There may be smarter ways to debug it - I'm sure there are.

[Updated on: Mon, 17 August 2020 21:22]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to access sirius based model from xtext?
Next Topic:Search in Tools Pallete
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:44:04 GMT 2024