Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » Unable to walk through C++ Files in Eclipse(Unable to walk through C++ Files in Eclipse)
Unable to walk through C++ Files in Eclipse [message #1831086] Tue, 11 August 2020 12:38 Go to next message
Mujeeb Ur Rehman is currently offline Mujeeb Ur RehmanFriend
Hi, I am having problem while walking through the C++ Files generated by Titan. I have used Eclipse and generated all files using it. Now when i want to open some declaration of Function in C++ it is not working. Is there some setting or configuration I am missing?
BR,
Mujeeb
Re: Unable to walk through C++ Files in Eclipse [message #1831089 is a reply to message #1831086] Tue, 11 August 2020 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elemer Lelik is currently offline Elemer LelikFriend
Hi Mujeeb,

a user should normally not need to look into the generated C++ files; they will only make sense if one considers the Runtime Library,
that is delivered in /include and /lib.

If there's any need to check something in the generated code, developers use gedit or a similar Linux text editor, nothing special is needed.

Best regards

Elemer

Re: Unable to walk through C++ Files in Eclipse [message #1831131 is a reply to message #1831089] Wed, 12 August 2020 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mujeeb Ur Rehman is currently offline Mujeeb Ur RehmanFriend
Hi Elemer, Thanks for the clarification. I have two basic questions 1. Does Titan provides us the Network services also? or we will need to integrate a Network Simulator with this tool? I doubt Titan does not provide Network services but I need to clear this doubt. 2. I want to test a UE (NBIOT protocol stack) by running 3GPP NBIOT Tests using Titan. Now I am looking into the integration steps? Can you please guide me on this how to reach the PORTS which will be needed to integrate or kindly share some relevant reference example or project for LTE protocol testing.. Thanks

[Updated on: Wed, 12 August 2020 10:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unable to walk through C++ Files in Eclipse [message #1831185 is a reply to message #1831131] Thu, 13 August 2020 07:15 Go to previous message
Elemer Lelik is currently offline Elemer LelikFriend
Hi Mujeeb,

if by Network Services you mean software that enables the user to build test simulations that the system under test is confronted with, then the answer is yes:
we have published over one hundred test ports, protocol modules etc. that can be used in a lego-like fashion to build protocol stacks;
the list of these products can be found at https://github.com/eclipse/titan.core

I know some Titan users are working with 3gpp test suites that have been made public at
http://www.ttcn-3.org/index.php/downloads/publicts/publicts-3gpp

Some, usually minor, adaptations will be necessary to execute these test suites:
-an appropriate test port has to be found among the ones published or written from scratch
-non-standard areas such as encoding, external functions have to be taken care of

I have published some posts in this forum that outline the steps that are to be taken during such an adaptation; these examples
may be used as a guideline for any future adaptation.
One such post is https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1093289/
but there are others as well, please browse through the forum.

Best regards
Elemer

[Updated on: Thu, 13 August 2020 16:06]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:J1939 Synchronizing Parallel Test Components of different type
Next Topic:Porting 3gpp test suites to Titan
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:29:38 GMT 2024