Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Polarsys » Requirements Addon » Reuse requirements from one project to another
Reuse requirements from one project to another [message #1830762] Mon, 03 August 2020 13:47 Go to next message
Pierre B is currently offline Pierre BFriend
Hi everyone,

I recently used the requirements add-on for a project. As there was no ReqIF file available for those requirements, I had to create hundreds of requirements into Capella by hand.

I now need to reuse those requirements for another Capella project. I already worked in the past with reusability features such as patterns or rec/rpl with libraries, so I thought it would be easy to reuse them.

However, after trying three different solutions to get the requirements in my new project, none of them have been successful. Here is the list of the solutions I tried :

• Patterns : I created a pattern with all my requirements, and then I applied the pattern on my other project in addition mode, but nothing happened (but no error !).
  • Diff/Merge : I then tried to use the "Compare with -> Each other as models" method to move my requirements from a copy of the model containing the requirements to my new model. Again, nothing happened, and again, no error to report.
  • Libraries : I then wanted to try to use REC/RPL and libraries to reuse my requirements into my new model. First, I had to move my requirements to a newly created library, as the model that contains the requirements is not a library. I then had to use the transfer view, but again, nothing happened and nothing appears in the library after the transfer. And again, no error.

Does anyone have a clue of what is happening ? Requirements seems to be particular objects that does not act as other Capella objects in terms of reusability. But I can't figure out why, and I don't have any other solution to try for now.

Thanks for reading,

Pierre

Edit : I am using Capella 1.3.2 with the compatible requirement viewpoint.

[Updated on: Mon, 03 August 2020 13:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Reuse requirements from one project to another [message #1830764 is a reply to message #1830762] Mon, 03 August 2020 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Update#1 : I managed to move my Requirements to the library (I just forgot to change the parameter from read only to read and write when I referenced the library). However, same result when I instanciated the REC of my Requirements from the library to my project, nothing happened and no replica was created.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 August 2020 08:50]

Re: Reuse requirements from one project to another [message #1830913 is a reply to message #1830764] Thu, 06 August 2020 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Update #2 : I tried the same solutions but in the version 1.4.1 of Capella (with the compatible requirements add-on), and I got the exact same problem.

[Updated on: Thu, 06 August 2020 14:40]

Re: Reuse requirements from one project to another [message #1831031 is a reply to message #1830762] Mon, 10 August 2020 08:50 Go to previous message
Update#3 : I finally managed to solve my problem !
Basically, what I did is that I created an empty requirement folder as well as an empty types folder in my other project, and then I used the merging feature of patterns to merge the requirements/types contents with those empty folders.
Previous Topic:Requirements allocation
Next Topic:Requirements links created after initial reqif import break after reimport
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:12:38 GMT 2024