Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Include Java Hex Editor in Eclipse PDE Manifest
Include Java Hex Editor in Eclipse PDE Manifest [message #1830657] Thu, 30 July 2020 15:44 Go to next message
Katya Doersam is currently offline Katya DoersamFriend
I am trying to use the Java Hex editor plugin from Eclipse Marketplace in my Eclipse PDE plugin. I want the Java Hex Editor to be installed when my plugin is installed, so that the Hex Editor may be used to display image data in hex form. When I try to include the plugin by using the tag in the plugin.xml, the plugin.xml file states that this 3rd party plugin must be included in the Plugin MANIFEST file instead. I do not want to use features, if it is possible to avoid them, as my project is set up following the standard PDE structure. How do I include the Java hex editor in my plugin using the plugin MANIFEST?

I attached photos of the Current state of the MANIFEST file and the installation details for the java hex editor plugin.
Re: Include Java Hex Editor in Eclipse PDE Manifest [message #1830678 is a reply to message #1830657] Fri, 31 July 2020 04:50 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Normally you declare a dependency on another bundle in the "Require-Bundle" section.

I'm not sure why you're trying to avoid features, and I'm not sure how you plan to make your bundles installable . You'd generally need an update site...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Eclipse install
Next Topic:Programmatically open a file with the java hex editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:01:39 GMT 2024