Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Prioritize Drop Adapter Assistant for Common Navigator
Prioritize Drop Adapter Assistant for Common Navigator [message #1830557] Wed, 29 July 2020 07:37 Go to next message
Cindy Putri is currently offline Cindy PutriFriend
I created a DropAdapterAssistant extending CommonDropAdapterAssistant in a Content Navigator extension. I set this content navigator to high priority.
I included instance of "org.eclipse.core.resources.IResource" in <possibleDropTargets>. I'm hoping that any transfer data which is dropped to an instance of IResource with specific name and extension will be first validated and handled by my custom assistant.
This assistant works nicely on non-IResource drop targets.

Unfortunately, no matter how high I set the priority for my Content Navigator, it will keep getting into org.eclipse.ui.navigator.resources.ResourceDropAdapterAssistant.

Reading through the NavigatorDnDService, I found out that there's a comment "// TODO Make sure descriptors are sorted by priority" in findCommonDropAdapterAssistants() and that in getAssistantsByTransferData(), at the end the assistants will be sorted.
In sortAssistants(CommonDropAdapterAssistant[] array) method, there's a comment stating that Resource Drop Assistant will always be the first on the list.
So, I am not sure, maybe this feature is not yet implemented.

Any suggestion what did I miss or what can I do next?

Cindy
Re: Prioritize Drop Adapter Assistant for Common Navigator [message #1830671 is a reply to message #1830557] Thu, 30 July 2020 20:37 Go to previous message
Rolf Theunissen is currently offline Rolf TheunissenFriend
Your step to report this as a bug is a good one: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=565624

A next step would be to provide a patch for this issue. Discuss any other issues in the bug report please.
Previous Topic:Changing preferences of Project Explorer in RCP
Next Topic:How to run WindowBuilder Java App in JSP?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:08:07 GMT 2024