Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » CrossTable: Delete tool
CrossTable: Delete tool [message #1830470] Mon, 27 July 2020 13:04 Go to next message
Alexandra Tritean is currently offline Alexandra TriteanFriend
Hello,

Is it possible to implement a Delete tool for the 'Intersection' Mapping in a Sirius Cross Table or to override the action of the delete key?

What I want to achieve is one of the following:
- having some kind of delete tool on a cell, which will clear the content of that cell
OR
- when using the delete key to delete only the content of the selected cell instead of deleting the whole row

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Alexandra
Re: CrossTable: Delete tool [message #1830528 is a reply to message #1830470] Tue, 28 July 2020 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

Indeed, there is no Delete tool for the 'Intersection' only.
As this deletion is processed by the DeleteLinesAction, it would take a few classes to override it from the Editor to the listener that triggers this action. It is possible but a little bit overkill.

Instead of having a delete tool (triggers by the delete key), I think it would be easier that you implement a new contextual action that would clear the information stored in this intersection (I guess it is just a reference to remove). There is no contextual menu tool in a Table description unfortunately. You have to use the Eclipse way to create popup menus. For org.eclipse.ui.menus extension point, you should use popup:org.eclipse.sirius.table.ui.EditiontableEditorID?after=additions as location URI.

Best regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: CrossTable: Delete tool [message #1830550 is a reply to message #1830528] Wed, 29 July 2020 03:34 Go to previous message
Alexandra Tritean is currently offline Alexandra TriteanFriend
Hello,

Thank you for the idea. That would be a more elegant solution than the one I've put in place for now.

Since I don't really need the delete tool for the column, I decided to use that one and to calculate the index of the selected cell by myself.

public void clearContent(EObject element) {
		int columnIndex =  ((Cell) element).getCoordinates().getColumnIndex();
		IEditorPart activeEditor = PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getActiveWorkbenchWindow().getActivePage().getActiveEditor();
		ITreeSelection selection = ((DTableCrossEditor) activeEditor).getTableViewer().getTreeViewer().getStructuredSelection();
		Object lineSelected = selection.getFirstElement();
		if(lineSelected instanceof DLineSpec) {
			 EObject line = ((DLineSpec)lineSelected).getTarget();
			 Row row = (Row) line;
			 row.getCells().get(columnIndex).setValue("");
		}
	}

Works like a charm, but I will definitely keep in mind your idea.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Alexandra
Previous Topic:How can I use drop down selection list in Sirius edition table
Next Topic:Modelling an EMF model from memory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:38:39 GMT 2024