Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How to parse JSON or XML files from database to create report
How to parse JSON or XML files from database to create report [message #1830347] Thu, 23 July 2020 19:12 Go to next message
Angelina Hool is currently offline Angelina HoolFriend
Hi,
I am testing out BIRT for creating reports. I was able to connect to my database and generate a simple report. However, there are some CLOB data types (JSON and XML files) that would need to be parsed in order to get the data. Is there a way to parse the JSON or XML files to get a specific data field to create reports? I did some research and would using a scripted data source be the best solution? I am using the Eclipse IDE for Java and Report Developers Neon Release 4.6.0.

Thanks
Re: How to parse JSON or XML files from database to create report [message #1831103 is a reply to message #1830347] Tue, 11 August 2020 19:24 Go to previous message
Thomas Gutmann is currently offline Thomas GutmannFriend
Hello Angelina,

you can add XML-files with the special data source "XML data source" or for online usage "Web Service data source".
I tried it with an simple XML file and it was working.

But for JSON files there arn't special data source handler you could try it to convert the JSON to a flat file because BIRT have an special data source for flat files too.

Cuurentyl I would try the XML data source instead of scripted data source.

Kind regards
Previous Topic:Making Data Warehouse
Next Topic:Expression Builder GUI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:47:45 GMT 2024