Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Extending/Overriding pages
Extending/Overriding pages [message #1830329] Thu, 23 July 2020 12:50
Katrin B is currently offline Katrin BFriend
Hi,

I am working on a diagram extension, currently on the properties view description.
Since there's already an existing properties view description A, I'm trying to use the extensibility features as described in the documentation for my new properties view description B. [0]

I want to extend the original page from A for my page in B and add the new groups I'm specifying there.
The documentation says that "Groups will be aggregated to the groups defined by the referenced Page. " but when I'm opening an editor there are now two pages/tabs with A's label expression, one for the original groups and one for the new ones. I tried leaving B's label expression empty or giving it the same name as A's but both resulted in these two tabs. Is there a possibility to group these pages?

I tried using "override" instead of extend which results in only having one page/tab in the editor with the label expression specified in B, but the (new) groups which I'm adding to this page are not showing up, only the original ones from A. I can't really figure out why.

Is there a better way to achieve what I'm trying to do or rather where did I go wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Katrin

[0] https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/specifier/properties/Properties_View_Description.html#extensibility_features
Previous Topic:Provide option for layout
Next Topic:Correct way to validate an .odesign
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 19:46:40 GMT 2024