Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » DSML Custom Storage Format
DSML Custom Storage Format [message #1829978] Wed, 15 July 2020 07:19 Go to next message
Christoph Lehr is currently offline Christoph LehrFriend
Hi all,

I'm developing a plugin for a DSML and I already created a profile and a architecture model to create custom class diagrams.

Now I got the task of importing a xml-based information models and create a diagram out of it. I already have to approaches but I don't find much information about it.

1. Change the file format from the .uml to a .xml: Is it possible to customize the parser and use a different input file format ?

2. Write a Importer/Exporter: If my first approach is not possible/feasible is it possible to write a importer/exporter and keep the information model and the uml model in sync?

Thanks for your input.

BR Christoph

PS: I alos posted my question here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/62909600/papyrus-dsml-custom-storage-format

[Updated on: Wed, 15 July 2020 07:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: DSML Custom Storage Format [message #1830331 is a reply to message #1829978] Thu, 23 July 2020 13:00 Go to previous message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
Hi Christophe,
I think you should to a new Ecore metamodel for your DSML, then you can write a transformation (in java) between your UML model and your Ecore.
You can also use the xsd format for your metamodel to manage the serialization of the XML. see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/671555/how-to-convert-xsd-to-ecore-emf

/Vincent
Previous Topic:Following the OO paradigm in papyrus
Next Topic:SysML 1.4 Nested Ports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:09:34 GMT 2024