Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » "No editor descriptor for id org.eclipse.wb.core.guiEditor" taggytaggytaggy(I just installed Eclipse 2020 0606. Some of my source files show only an error message in the editor.)
"No editor descriptor for id org.eclipse.wb.core.guiEditor" taggytaggytaggy [message #1829959] Tue, 14 July 2020 20:17 Go to next message
Jeff Mullen is currently offline Jeff MullenFriend
I just installed Eclipse 2020 0606 on an HP elite 8000 desktop system running Windows 10.

I can't edit some of my source files.
Particularly, these are files that I originally made using the Design View and associated tools.

When I click on a source file in the Project Explorer that was not created using the design view, all seems normal; however,

when I click on one of these files, instead of showing the source file, the box in which the source normally appears has the message "No editor descriptor for id org.eclipse.wb.core.guiEditor"

I will be the first to admit that I do not understand the internal tables that Eclipse uses. This should not be an uncommon phenomenon, as I haven't ever been able to find any documentation on these and must assume that others have encountered similar difficulties.

How do I get Eclipse to properly edit this old source code?
Re: "No editor descriptor for id org.eclipse.wb.core.guiEditor" taggytaggytaggy [message #1829962 is a reply to message #1829959] Tue, 14 July 2020 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeff Mullen is currently offline Jeff MullenFriend
I was able to resolve the issue by reinstalling the plugin.

I was reticent to do this because I was having trouble installing it on another computer in my residence.

But I didn't get everything back.

The code that I had previously edited using the WindowBuilder Plugin no longer had a "Design" tab.

Is there some way to force Eclipse to use the WindowBuilder? Could someone please direct me to documentation on the WindowBuilder plugin?
Re: "No editor descriptor for id org.eclipse.wb.core.guiEditor" taggytaggytaggy [message #1829976 is a reply to message #1829962] Wed, 15 July 2020 05:40 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
You can generally use Open With -> from the context menu to choose which editor opens the resource.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:How do I check what is the argument in a boolean?
Next Topic:Weird Ascii Characters In Explorer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:47:47 GMT 2024