Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » log WARN on RCP exit from org.apache.felix.scr
log WARN on RCP exit from org.apache.felix.scr [message #1829802] Fri, 10 July 2020 17:56 Go to next message
Timothy Vogel is currently offline Timothy VogelFriend
Background
I am updating my RCP application dependencies from 2015 to 2020-06. I've made good progress getting all the requirements updated and warnings cleaned up. (A lot has happened in 5 years!)

When the RCP application exits, I am getting log messages for many / all bundles as below. I realize that these are generated as the program exists but they fill up the log and hide other real messages. I use slf4j and configured it to only show errors for that bundle but they are still logged.
<logger name="org.apache.felix" level="ERROR"/>
. I believe this is because the logging bundles have been terminated before / during the time when the exceptions are generated.

Questions
Two part question:
A) How can I prevent the exception from happening?
B) How can I suppress these messages from being logged.

WARN  ROOT - bundle org.apache.felix.scr:2.1.16.v20200110-1820 (57)The wait for bundle org.eclipse.equinox.common:3.12.0.v20200504-1602 (125) being started before destruction has been interrupted.
java.lang.InterruptedException: null
	at java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.tryAcquireNanos(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1245)
	at java.util.concurrent.locks.ReentrantLock.tryLock(ReentrantLock.java:442)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator$ScrExtension.destroy(Activator.java:282)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractExtender$1.run(AbstractExtender.java:216)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractExtender.destroyExtension(AbstractExtender.java:238)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractExtender.bundleChanged(AbstractExtender.java:132)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:974)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:234)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:151)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEventPrivileged(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:236)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEvent(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:142)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEvent(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainerAdaptor.publishModuleEvent(EquinoxContainerAdaptor.java:217)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.publishEvent(Module.java:499)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.doStop(Module.java:658)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.stop(Module.java:521)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.decStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1886)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1761)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.SystemModule.stopWorker(SystemModule.java:275)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle$SystemBundle$EquinoxSystemModule.stopWorker(EquinoxBundle.java:202)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.doStop(Module.java:660)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.stop(Module.java:521)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.SystemModule.stop(SystemModule.java:207)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle$SystemBundle$EquinoxSystemModule$1.run(EquinoxBundle.java:220)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:821)
Re: log WARN on RCP exit from org.apache.felix.scr [message #1829825 is a reply to message #1829802] Sat, 11 July 2020 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolf Theunissen is currently offline Rolf TheunissenFriend
Do you have the Gogo Shell included? See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-5922
Wondering now if this issue is also present in the Eclipse products.
Re: log WARN on RCP exit from org.apache.felix.scr [message #1829827 is a reply to message #1829825] Sat, 11 July 2020 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolf,
The Gogo Shell is not part of my product.
Timothy
Re: log WARN on RCP exit from org.apache.felix.scr [message #1835781 is a reply to message #1829825] Sat, 12 December 2020 11:58 Go to previous message
Rolf,
I'm back on this issue after a long detour.

Turns out that gogo shell is running as part of the Eclipse platform
55	ACTIVE      org.apache.felix.gogo.command_1.0.2.v20170914-1324
56	ACTIVE      org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime_1.1.0.v20180713-1646
57	ACTIVE      org.apache.felix.gogo.shell_1.1.0.v20180713-1646
58	ACTIVE      org.apache.felix.scr_2.1.16.v20200110-1820

I read the bug report you referenced and my stack trace is very similar. This repeats for many bundles not just one.
java.lang.InterruptedException: null
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.locks.ReentrantLock$Sync.tryLockNanos(ReentrantLock.java:167)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.locks.ReentrantLock.tryLock(ReentrantLock.java:479)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator$ScrExtension.destroy(Activator.java:282)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractExtender$1.run(AbstractExtender.java:216)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractExtender.destroyExtension(AbstractExtender.java:238)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractExtender.stop(AbstractExtender.java:84)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.stop(Activator.java:183)

I have added my report to that issue. Any suggestions on a workaround?
Timothy
Previous Topic:RCP Product always exported old version of eclipse
Next Topic:Codesigning causes broken app
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:38:59 GMT 2024