Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Exporting LSP from a DSL written in Xtext(I have access to an open source language written in Xtext and would like to export its LSP, how do I accomplish this?)
Exporting LSP from a DSL written in Xtext [message #1829569] Mon, 06 July 2020 23:39 Go to next message
Kevin C is currently offline Kevin CFriend
For context, I am a user of an open source language written in Xtext, not a developer of the language.
I would like to export(?) the language server protocol (LSP) for this language. Ultimately, the goal is to enable users to work in an IDE they are familiar with. Given the source code for the language, where should I begin? Are there resources or references that are accessible to a lay person (someone without experience of the Xtext framework)?
Re: Exporting LSP from a DSL written in Xtext [message #1829576 is a reply to message #1829569] Tue, 07 July 2020 02:19 Go to previous message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

The easiest way to start this is to create a new Xtext language with the same language name, extension etc. with the Xtext project wizard and choose Language Server options and build system on the second page. Then compare the produced sources with yours, esp. the build descriptors (pom.xml, build.gradle).

The language you want to support should be created with Xtext >2.9, which then has a separate bundle with suffix .ide.

Also use https://github.com/itemis/xtext-languageserver-example as a reference for the missing parts for the IDE you have to support.
Previous Topic:Pb with recursive rule invocation
Next Topic:Enum as attribute value
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:15:33 GMT 2024