Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Wild West Developer ("WWD") is a dubious upgrade(WWD does not integrate with some of Eclipse's better features and is not very customizable)
Wild West Developer ("WWD") is a dubious upgrade [message #1829567] Mon, 06 July 2020 22:33 Go to next message
Nick Odaemus is currently offline Nick OdaemusFriend
I added WWD through Eclipse Marketplace on my Windows x64 version of Eclipse IDE for Java Developers, 2020-06. I guess it works, but it sure doesn't integrate like JSDT did.

I'm not thrilled with WWD since the first thing I tried to do is comment a line in JavaScript using Ctrl + / and it summons a dropdown of keyword and available function choices. Ctrl + . does the same thing, and feels more appropriate, so what's the deal?
Re: Wild West Developer ("WWD") is a dubious upgrade [message #1829573 is a reply to message #1829567] Tue, 07 July 2020 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manoj N Palat is currently offline Manoj N PalatFriend
@Nick - this is not the right forum as this is for JDT - you can check out Wild Web developer https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/eclipse-wild-web-developer [I am assuming you meant Wild Web and not Wild West]

Regards,
Manoj

Manoj N Palat
Eclipse Java Development Tools (JDT).
Re: Wild Web Developer ("WWD") is a dubious upgrade [message #1829602 is a reply to message #1829573] Tue, 07 July 2020 13:44 Go to previous message
Nick Odaemus is currently offline Nick OdaemusFriend
@Manoj - Thanks for the tip. I'll repost or move or do whatever needed to get this there. I'm still learning the forums and appreciate your patience =)

And yes, I meant Wild Web. I had to catch myself at least a dozen times from typing "Wild West" and I guess it caught up with me ;-P
Previous Topic:Plugins not showing up after restart
Next Topic:resource mapping in glassfish-ejb-jar.xml
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:50:19 GMT 2024