Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Label Decoration/Text Decoration(Text Decoration like in subclipse)
Label Decoration/Text Decoration [message #1829401] Thu, 02 July 2020 18:51 Go to next message
Csaba Tenkes is currently offline Csaba TenkesFriend
Hi Guys,

I am new to egit plugin, and I would like to see something in the Label Decoration/File decoration like in subclipse, where I can see the last modification date, last modifying user, and revision number or changeset id.

I can't do it because for file decoration in the configuration I can add only these variables: dirty, name, staged. Is it possible to use other variables beside these 3, somehow? In plugin configuration or so?

I use Eclipse lastest version: JEE 2020-06.

I am very sad I can't do it in default :)

BR, Csaba

Re: Label Decoration/Text Decoration [message #1829447 is a reply to message #1829401] Fri, 03 July 2020 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
Use the history view instead. Once opened (for instance via "Show in->History View") it'll show the git history either of the whole repository or of the selection (or currently active editor).
Re: Label Decoration/Text Decoration [message #1834045 is a reply to message #1829447] Fri, 30 October 2020 22:32 Go to previous message
Csaba Tenkes is currently offline Csaba TenkesFriend
Thomas Wolf wrote on Fri, 03 July 2020 16:50
Use the history view instead. Once opened (for instance via "Show in->History View") it'll show the git history either of the whole repository or of the selection (or currently active editor).

Ok, but history view works only for one selected /viewed file only. If I would like to see more than ones' last modification I need to go through the files one by one. But I would like to see them together in one view especially the project view.

In Egit we can decorate only the project not the package or files in the project tree.

It was nice feature of subclipe and exsisting for years, I wander why It is not possible in egit plugin?

I still request this feature:)

BR, Csaba

Previous Topic:Getting started with LFS in JGit
Next Topic:BUG with Jgit and amazon-s3 using specific secretkey
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:16:16 GMT 2024