Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Polarsys » Requirements Addon » Requirements links created after initial reqif import break after reimport
Requirements links created after initial reqif import break after reimport [message #1829396] Thu, 02 July 2020 15:38 Go to next message
Karl Gruber is currently offline Karl GruberFriend
HI,

I experienced following behaviuor of the requirements view point:

When I import a reqif-file containing relations and add new requirements links afterwards in Capella, all new created requirements links are deleted after reimport of the same file. Only the relations defined inside reqif-file remain.

Since I have created the reqif-file per script, I might have missing some mandatory attribute necessary for proper behaviour the requirements viewpoint.
I can not identify any significant differences in structure and used attributes related to the demo file EOLE_SSS.reqif except the addtional relation section.

Does somebody else has seen this issue?

br,
Karl
Re: Requirements links created after initial reqif import break after reimport [message #1830238 is a reply to message #1829396] Tue, 21 July 2020 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
index.php/fa/38613/0/Hi!

I used EOLE_SSS.reqif for testing and added xml-elements for defining relation-types and one relation (with the LONG-NAME-attribute added), see attached file EOLE_SSS_modified_with_relations.diff.

First I imported the reqif-file, than I create a SAB-diagram added the two requirements which are referred as source or target by the defined reqif-relation, and created two internal links between both reqiurements and the system-component, see file: Capture1.PNG.
index.php/fa/38611/0/

Second I started a reimport of the same reqif-file, see file: Capture2.PNG
The Diff-Merge-editor marked req-links between the requirements, which had been either source or target of the reqif-relation, and the system-components for removal.
index.php/fa/38612/0/

Completing the merge resulted in an updated SAB-diagram, see file: Capture4.PNG
index.php/fa/38613/0/

All links between requirements and architectural elements (components, functions) remained, ONLY when the requirement had NOT been referenced as source or target within a reqif-relation.

I would consider that behavior as bug.
Is the site https://github.com/eclipse/capella-requirements-vp/issues the correct place to raise a bug towards req-viewpoint development?

br,
Karl Gruber
Re: Requirements links created after initial reqif import break after reimport [message #1830281 is a reply to message #1830238] Wed, 22 July 2020 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
richard corbie is currently offline richard corbieFriend
For Bug-report you should use Bugzilla:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/describecomponents.cgi?product=Capella

There is a component "RequirementsVP".
Re: Requirements links created after initial reqif import break after reimport [message #1831874 is a reply to message #1830281] Tue, 01 September 2020 14:23 Go to previous message
Thank you!

I have raised a ticket: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=566560
Previous Topic:Reuse requirements from one project to another
Next Topic:New Capella forum
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:44:02 GMT 2024