Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » eclipse error (can't launch packaged application)
eclipse error [message #1829361] Wed, 01 July 2020 23:38 Go to next message
Acoy Coya is currently offline Acoy CoyaFriend
i get below error on logs when trying to launch an application packaged and deployed by sccm.heeeeeeelp!

!SESSION Wed Jul 01 13:57:25 AEST 2020 -----------------------------------------
!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.launcher 4 0 2020-07-01 13:57:25.488
!MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform:
!STACK
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.getSplashLocation(Main.java:1847)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.handleSplash(Main.java:1777)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:444)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1173)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1148)
Re: eclipse error [message #1829387 is a reply to message #1829361] Thu, 02 July 2020 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolf Theunissen is currently offline Rolf TheunissenFriend
Many thanks for this information. Do you also have a question?

If you like help on why your Eclipse instance is not launching, provide every relevant detail, such as but not limited to:
- What is the OS you are using? What is the version?
- What is the JRE you are using? What is the version?
- What is the Eclipse product you are trying to launch? What is the version? How did you install?
- Did it work before? Is it the first time you are launching? What are the steps that resulted in the error?
Re: eclipse error [message #1829413 is a reply to message #1829387] Fri, 03 July 2020 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
- What is the OS you are using? What is the version?
Windows 10 version 1809

- What is the JRE you are using? What is the version?
jre1.8.0_251

- What is the Eclipse product you are trying to launch? What is the version? How did you install?
The application is QuantStudio™ Design & Analysis Software and I installed it after doing application packaging on SCCM. Installing the application directly on a workstation works.

- Did it work before? Is it the first time you are launching? What are the steps that resulted in the error?
It has never worked as a packaged app. The application was delivered via sscm to software centre then I installed it then I tried to launch it. There was a java file location-related error which I updated on quantstudio.ini file(I've attached various config files) and I also updated the launcher config on eclipse folder on the config.ini file (as attached) leading to the latest error

thanks for your quick response
Re: eclipse error [message #1829421 is a reply to message #1829413] Fri, 03 July 2020 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
This in the -vmargs section of QuantStudio.ini looks very odd, i.e., wrong:

-splash:C:/Program Files (x86)/Applied Biosystems/QuantStudio Design & Analysis Software/bin/splash.png

Perhaps try to remove it.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: eclipse error [message #1829506 is a reply to message #1829421] Sun, 05 July 2020 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I removed -splash:C:/Program Files (x86)/Applied Biosystems/QuantStudio Design & Analysis Software/bin/splash.png and i'm getting below error - on the logs

!SESSION Mon Jul 06 09:17:49 AEST 2020 -----------------------------------------
!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.launcher 4 0 2020-07-06 09:17:49.942
!MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform:
!STACK
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.getSplashLocation(Main.java:1847)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.handleSplash(Main.java:1777)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:444)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1173)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1148)
Re: eclipse error [message #1829515 is a reply to message #1829506] Mon, 06 July 2020 05:06 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
In the end, the QuantStudio.ini looks like you've really deleted/changed a lot of stuff in there. Some content I would expect to be there because it's essential for launching are missing, But there's no saying in what state this was in before you started changing it. If you run with -nosplash, perhaps it will get farther...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Eclipse installer .p2 on Linux VM continually gets translated to 'C:\Users\<user>\.p2\pool'
Next Topic:Creating PARENT-5-PROJECT_LOC links programmatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 05:56:39 GMT 2024