Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How to explain a use-case by an activity diagram?(I am unable to create any activity diagram)
How to explain a use-case by an activity diagram? [message #1829147] Thu, 25 June 2020 20:57 Go to next message
Rolf Schumacher is currently offline Rolf SchumacherFriend
defined a use-case on a use-case diagram and tried to add an activity diagram to it. Was not possible: only use-case diagram was offered in the browser tree.
Added a package on top level. Same problem: "new diagram" leads to several diagrams but activity diagram is missing.
Added an interaction element and tried to add an activity diagram to it - same observation.

I must have understood something wrong, very basic. Can you imagine what?
Re: How to explain a use-case by an activity diagram? [message #1829184 is a reply to message #1829147] Fri, 26 June 2020 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Something like this?

index.php/fa/38437/0/

/Carsten
Re: How to explain a use-case by an activity diagram? [message #1829325 is a reply to message #1829184] Wed, 01 July 2020 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
In the model explorer you can add an activity diagram inside a use case element.
Do you want to display activity diagram inside usecase diagram as explained by Carsten? it is no possible.
Papyrus team
Re: How to explain a use-case by an activity diagram? [message #1829331 is a reply to message #1829325] Wed, 01 July 2020 13:58 Go to previous message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Hi Patrick,

> Do you want to display activity diagram inside usecase diagram as explained by Carsten? it is no possible.

As I did it with Eclipse Papyrus, I imagine it is possible.

Just drag&drop the diagram's icon from the explorer to the graphical editor. The embedded diagram shows up if you hoover the mouse over the diagram's icon within the graphical editor. A double click on the diagram's icon within the graphical editor opens it in the graphical editor.

Works at least since Oxygen (aka 3.0) ...

/Carsten
Previous Topic:How to add an equation as a constraint
Next Topic:Add #pragma in generated C++ code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:00:38 GMT 2024