Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » An error has occurred(After Eclipse install - get an error)
An error has occurred [message #1828997] Tue, 23 June 2020 18:51 Go to next message
Guy Mereness is currently offline Guy MerenessFriend
I am new to this forum. I have been searching for issues in running Eclipse on a Raspberry Pi 4. I came across a post on this forum: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1827504/?srch=raspberry+pi#msg_1827504.

The user didn't look like he was able to solve his problem; and I didn't know how to add a post to that topic string.

I also found some documentation on running java 64 bit. Since I am doing this development on a PI 4 I believe I am at the mercy of the Debian package loaded as to which Eclipse and Java version to install. Unless someone is aware of a way to resolve this issue.

I have uploaded the log file which was generated upon running of Eclipse.
Re: An error has occurred [message #1834980 is a reply to message #1828997] Sun, 22 November 2020 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Louis King is currently offline Louis KingFriend
I am having what looks like the same problem getting Eclipse to run on Raspberry Pi.
I am working with both a Pi 3B and a Pi 4. I have run apt full-upgrade on both.
When trying to run eclipse on each system the error log generated is the same and looks similar to Guy Mereness' attachment.
Don't have a clue how to resolve this. Any pointers as to were to start would be useful.

Say what you will about Sisyphus. He always has work.
Re: An error has occurred [message #1835015 is a reply to message #1834980] Mon, 23 November 2020 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
You may be out of luck.

The RasPi's run on ARM processors, but I have not seen yet a version of Eclipse which would run on other CPU than some of the i386 descendants.

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: An error has occurred [message #1835021 is a reply to message #1835015] Mon, 23 November 2020 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

I have yet to see a version of Raspbian/Debian that has anything close to a current release of Eclipse,
and versions as old as they're shipping are not at all runnable with the Java runtimes they're providing.

https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/ does include downloads for aarch64, you'll just have
to download and unpack them yourself.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: An error has occurred [message #1835026 is a reply to message #1835021] Mon, 23 November 2020 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
For the next release, the packages will also have aarch64 downloads. Here's a preview:

https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release/2020-12/m2

I'm not sure I'll have the time to build Eclipse Installers for this...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: An error has occurred [message #1835042 is a reply to message #1835026] Mon, 23 November 2020 21:01 Go to previous message
Louis King is currently offline Louis KingFriend
Thanks all for responding. I had hope based on a process put forward by a Rpi HW supplier.
It has been "awhile" sense I have used java and the book I got to get back up to speed uses Eclipse. I was hopping to have one learning curve at a time. Oh well.

Other IDE options can work. With this issue resolved, back to relearning and the original objective.

thanks again

Say what you will about Sisyphus. He always has work.
Previous Topic:problems with javac command
Next Topic:JUnit Test Case not listed as option to choose
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 14:24:23 GMT 2024