Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Polarsys » Capella General » XHTML Documentation Generation and Filtering Add on (Generate partial documentation because of filtering)
XHTML Documentation Generation and Filtering Add on [message #1828919] Mon, 22 June 2020 12:14 Go to next message
Marcel Pierer is currently offline Marcel PiererFriend
I use the add on Filtering (filtering criterion) to mark / tag specific entities, diagramms, ... . All entities marked with the same filtering criterion is then a feature, relying on specific requirements.

Now I want do generate a documentation, where only the content marked with the filter criterion is documented.

I would like to use XHTML, but it seems there is no way to select a filtering criterion to generate the documentation.

Do I miss somethting and it is indeed possible?
Is there any way to extend the XHTML add on with this feature?

Does M2DOC get the job done?
Re: XHTML Documentation Generation and Filtering Add on [message #1828923 is a reply to message #1828919] Mon, 22 June 2020 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aurelien Pinsonneau is currently offline Aurelien PinsonneauFriend
Hello Marcel,
I would recommend you to generate a new model with the filtering add-on which will filter out all the non-relevant model elements.
Then you can generate documentation from this new model :)
Re: XHTML Documentation Generation and Filtering Add on [message #1828926 is a reply to message #1828923] Mon, 22 June 2020 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcel Pierer is currently offline Marcel PiererFriend
Indeed, thats possible ... but not a fine and solution. Thanks.
Re: XHTML Documentation Generation and Filtering Add on [message #1828969 is a reply to message #1828926] Tue, 23 June 2020 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin BOSSA is currently offline Benjamin BOSSAFriend
I guess that M2Doc is able to generate what you expect. I think that you can add an if statement to validate the existance of the filetring criteria.
Re: XHTML Documentation Generation and Filtering Add on [message #1829033 is a reply to message #1828969] Wed, 24 June 2020 08:18 Go to previous message
Navas Juan is currently offline Navas JuanFriend
Still another solution is to extend the capabilities of the XHTML export to consider filters. After all, it's open source.
Previous Topic:Capella problem
Next Topic:Create Libraries from existing project RECs maintaining REC/RPL link
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:31:18 GMT 2024