Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Properties Editor Won't Edit ViewPoint Specification Project?
Properties Editor Won't Edit ViewPoint Specification Project? [message #1828801] Fri, 19 June 2020 02:23 Go to next message
Brandon Lewis is currently offline Brandon LewisFriend
This is weird. Have you ever seen this? I haven't.

I just started to create a new ViewPointSpecification Design.

Trouble is, my Properties View won't edit the file! I can type new text into the fields, but the text changes won't mark the editor dirty, so I can't save the changes.

Also, Content Assist is not working.

This happens in both my dev workspace and in a runtime environment.

I've never seen anything like it.

Earlier today I was creating a couple of EMF CRUD editors and I noticed that I had to start hitting "Show Categories" on one of the objects for it to start showing certain attributes. Possibly related to this.

I'm baffled.
Re: Properties Editor Won't Edit ViewPoint Specification Project? [message #1828803 is a reply to message #1828801] Fri, 19 June 2020 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A month ago with the same Eclipse install, I could create a ViewPointSpecification without any issues. Now I can only Create Children in the tree diagram section to make the editor dirty. Any and ALL changes that I type in the Properties View do not cause the ViewPointSpecification editor to be marked dirty.
Re: Properties Editor Won't Edit ViewPoint Specification Project? [message #1828804 is a reply to message #1828803] Fri, 19 June 2020 04:02 Go to previous message
This might be a Linux GUI/GTK problem. Looks like the last time I edited a ViewPointSpecification file was 6 weeks ago on Windows. So maybe I've never seen it work in Linux. I'm on Photon BTW.
Previous Topic: how to add notes when creating diagram programmatically
Next Topic:Merging two Sirius models
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:21:25 GMT 2024