Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » [resolved] Debugging grammar issue not represented in ANTLR
[resolved] Debugging grammar issue not represented in ANTLR [message #1828380] Mon, 08 June 2020 17:37
Aaron Miller is currently offline Aaron MillerFriend
Update

Sorry if I wasted anybody's time on this. It seems the breakdown was actually with ANTLRWorks. I guess sometimes it can get a little buggy. The actual test failure is was not a false negative, and should probably be the preferred result given a discrepancy between the two.
-------------

Hello,

I was cleaning up my grammar rules, and everything seemed fine while debugging in ANTLRWorks [1], however, the same test case [2] ran in the test suite fails with XtextSyntaxDiagnostic: null:5 missing EOF at '\n'. I noticed the root cause was some accidental whitespace added to a blank line, but this same case didn't cause any problems before my changes.

This is the first time I've seen a test case fail that was fine in ANTLRWorks. Are there additional syntactic validations other than those defined by ANTLR that I need to consider, or is this more likely a failure in how the test case is written?

Any additional insight into the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, and thanks for your time!
~Aaron

[1] ANTLRWorks results

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/drkstr101/Natural/natural-lang/runtime-workspace/example/features/background_05.jpg

[2] Test Input

[Updated on: Mon, 08 June 2020 21:05]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to add a JvmFormalParameter with Java Ellipsis Type
Next Topic:SimuLizar error2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 05:01:44 GMT 2024