Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Advanced Scripting Environment (EASE) » Running SWTBot in EASE Script in Headless Mode
Running SWTBot in EASE Script in Headless Mode [message #1828373] Mon, 08 June 2020 15:52 Go to next message
Andre Bienemann is currently offline Andre BienemannFriend
I wrote a script using EASE and SWTBot. The scripts works seamlessly when executed in a headful mode. However, when I run the script in a headless mode, it gets stuck.

Is there a way to make the script run in a headless mode? Fully starting my IDE would solve the issue described above, but I doubt it's possible with EASE.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 October 2022 14:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Running SWTBot in EASE Script in Headless Mode [message #1828443 is a reply to message #1828373] Tue, 09 June 2020 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Pontesegger is currently offline Christian PonteseggerFriend
When you use the runScript application, you will get a workspace with access to resources like projects and files, but no UI components will be loaded.

As you mention SWTBot I asume that you want to run some tests, but SWTBot needs UI and headless means that you do not want a UI, so these things do not match.

If you just want to run a script at startup in your IDE, you may use registered scripts along with keywords. I did some examples for ECE 2017, see https://www.eclipse.org/ease/documentation/

HTH
Christian
Re: Running SWTBot in EASE Script in Headless Mode [message #1828520 is a reply to message #1828443] Thu, 11 June 2020 09:53 Go to previous message
Andre Bienemann is currently offline Andre BienemannFriend
That solves the problem. Thank you for the support!

[Updated on: Wed, 05 October 2022 14:26]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Problem using endsWith in javascript rhino script shell
Next Topic:Build UIs with unease!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:38:02 GMT 2024