Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How to handle provided / required interfaces in papyrus
How to handle provided / required interfaces in papyrus [message #1828287] Fri, 05 June 2020 20:06 Go to next message
jb tw is currently offline jb twFriend
Hello i have a question regarding required / provided interfaces.
the sysML1.4 looks like this:
index.php/fa/38267/0/

the example i want to recreate is this one and comes from SysML Distilled:
index.php/fa/38268/0/

But i'm stuck somewhere...
index.php/fa/38269/0/
I added a small file till where i'm able to archieve something. But i hope somebody can help me a step(or more) further.
Re: How to handle provided / required interfaces in papyrus [message #1828314 is a reply to message #1828287] Sun, 07 June 2020 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Hi jb tw,
as a first quick reply: Papyrus does not support the lollipop notation. But it supports the alternative graphical representation defined by the OMG UML specification.
A port might UML:Usage an UML:Interface, giving a provided interface. Or a port UML :Dependency an UML :Interface, giving a required interface.

That might look like

index.php/fa/38274/0/

/Carsten

[Updated on: Sun, 07 June 2020 12:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to handle provided / required interfaces in papyrus [message #1828381 is a reply to message #1828314] Mon, 08 June 2020 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't completely understand what you do and what i should do. Partly is that i think you use UML while i'm using SysML(I'm mechanical Engineer who wants to learn system modeling language(s)).
And i can imagine that what you do work in a BlockDefinitionDiagram while i struggle now with a InternalBlockDiagram.

When i try to create a provided / required interface the following i don't understand

If i have a empty port without a type selected: Both the required and provided properties are greyed out:
index.php/fa/38283/0/

After choosing a Interface as type:
The Provided interface have a added property. But when trying to add also a required property it just don't add one.

index.php/fa/38284/0/

But in the model explorer a new interface is added.

index.php/fa/38285/0/

I feel that i miss something... If you can create a SysML example it would help me a lot!!

[Updated on: Fri, 19 June 2020 06:47]

Re: How to handle provided / required interfaces in papyrus [message #1829337 is a reply to message #1828381] Wed, 01 July 2020 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are there SysML power-users / Maintainers on the forum?
Re: How to handle provided / required interfaces in papyrus [message #1836610 is a reply to message #1829337] Fri, 08 January 2021 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pere joseph rodríguez is currently offline pere joseph rodríguezFriend
Your port shiuld be of component type and your component needs to use or realize the interfaces to appear in the provided or required interfaces of the port.
Re: How to handle provided / required interfaces in papyrus [message #1838436 is a reply to message #1836610] Wed, 24 February 2021 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What i read till now is the component type a UML thing.
I need a example how it should be done in SysML. I need to understand how i can create an interface with with a required and a provided interface from an internal block diagram

[Updated on: Wed, 24 February 2021 20:47]

Re: How to handle provided / required interfaces in papyrus [message #1838457 is a reply to message #1838436] Thu, 25 February 2021 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
Hello,
to create Provided/Required interface you can proceed like this:

• On the diagram, create a FlowPort
  • Define the type of the Flowport using the property View
  • Select The FlowPort in the Diagram
  • Right-Click -> Manage Interface

This dialog allow you to define the provided/required interface easily.

/Vincent
Re: How to handle provided / required interfaces in papyrus [message #1838477 is a reply to message #1838457] Thu, 25 February 2021 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I try that one tomorow.

But can you explain how it is with this commend from the SysML1.4 spec?
Quote:
9.1.5 Deprecation of Flow Ports and Flow Specifications
Flow ports and flow specifications are included in SysML, but are deprecated. Annex C defines them, along with
transition guidelines to non-deprecated elements. In particular, the functionality of non-atomic flow ports is supported
with proxy ports typed by interface blocks owning flow properties. Flow properties are not deprecated.

Re: How to handle provided / required interfaces in papyrus [message #1838486 is a reply to message #1838477] Fri, 26 February 2021 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Hi jb tw,

do you interpret SysML as an own modeling notation or as an UML profile?

Both interpretations have prominent promoters.

If you consider SysML being an UML profile, please take a look at Figure 9.1 - Port Stereotypes of the SysML 1.4 specification.
Both the SysML FullPort and the SysML ProxyPort are stereotypes applied on the UML4SysML::Port metaclass. Because the UML4SysML namespace merely defines the subset of UML elements available in SysML, UML4SysML::Port is equal to UML::Port. Consequently all properties of the UML Port metaclass are available. Furthermore the UML Port itself is part of SysML.

All in all, your UML model of Mon, 08 June 2020 21:40 is a valid SysML 1.4 model. Using the Papyrus SysML 1.4 editor you can edit the UML derived properties in the UML section of the Properties tab.

/Carsten

edit: typo

[Updated on: Fri, 26 February 2021 09:03]

Re: How to handle provided / required interfaces in papyrus [message #1838617 is a reply to message #1838486] Tue, 02 March 2021 14:34 Go to previous message
Carsten Pitz wrote on Fri, 26 February 2021 09:52
Hi jb tw,
do you interpret SysML as an own modeling notation or as an UML profile?

Both interpretations have prominent promoters.

To be onest i'm not deep into SysML jet that i know what the pros and cons are for both viewpoints.
I have a mechanical background so i try to learn SysML by using the book SysML distilled. I expect that learning the UML part and with the software things makes it more complex.

Carsten Pitz wrote on Fri, 26 February 2021 09:52

If you consider SysML being an UML profile, please take a look at Figure 9.1 - Port Stereotypes of the SysML 1.4 specification.
Both the SysML FullPort and the SysML ProxyPort are stereotypes applied on the UML4SysML::Port metaclass. Because the UML4SysML namespace merely defines the subset of UML elements available in SysML, UML4SysML::Port is equal to UML::Port. Consequently all properties of the UML Port metaclass are available. Furthermore the UML Port itself is part of SysML.

vincent lorenzo wrote on Thu, 25 February 2021 14:35
to create Provided/Required interface you can proceed like this:

• On the diagram, create a FlowPort
  • Define the type of the Flowport using the property View
  • Select The FlowPort in the Diagram
  • Right-Click -> Manage Interface

@Carsten Pitz I think i followed your explenation so far. It is good to understand the hierarchy of SysML. For the how to use the ports the comment of @vincent lorenzo helped me some steps further. Except that the FlowPort is depreciated but the alternative FlowProperty works to!
The only thing i don't understand completly is that it is difficult to see wich items / signals / ... goes over the port. If i export some graphics for a document it is not clear anymore what is behind the port...
Previous Topic:Error in manifest.mf file in eclipse version 2020-12 (4.18.0)
Next Topic:CSS stylesheet : composition of selectors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:06:42 GMT 2024