Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Tools and frameworks for the modern Java developer
Tools and frameworks for the modern Java developer [message #1828181] Wed, 03 June 2020 11:04 Go to next message
JADugar gomes is currently offline JADugar gomesFriend
'm trying to get a nice list together of popular java frameworks and tools that are widely used today.

I'm asking this because a week ago I haven't even heard of something Hibernate and Maven and I've been a Java dev for 3 years now at my current company. Which just proves that this might be very useful for some of us that simply doesn't get exposed to some of these things, especially the junior guys.

So what popular frameworks and tools are out there, what's it used for, and why does it make your day better and more productive?
Re: Tools and frameworks for the modern Java developer [message #1828197 is a reply to message #1828181] Wed, 03 June 2020 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Emmanuel Chebbi is currently offline Emmanuel ChebbiFriend
This thread is dedicated to questions related to Eclipse IDE's Java Development Tools; not sure your question is really appropriate here.

That being said, I would advise you to search "popular java frameworks" or "best java tools" on your search engine (you'll find plenty of tops) and to browse high-ranked Java repo on Github.
Re: Tools and frameworks for the modern Java developer [message #1828198 is a reply to message #1828197] Wed, 03 June 2020 16:07 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
The question asks about different kinds of animals:

There is a number of tools every developer should know: something to version your source code in a repository, something to compile and build your application, something to manage your tasks and bug reports etc. Each of these categories has a number of different tools that you can choose from. I wouldn't, however, call these frameworks in the stricter sense.

Recommending libraries per se doesn't make much sense. Which libraries are of interested is determined by the kind of problem your application is supposed to solve.

And, yes, the Eclipse community is not the best authority to make meaningful suggestions.
Previous Topic:JDT compiler
Next Topic:Weirdness with jsr305 annotations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:27:04 GMT 2024