Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Different look and feel in Linux(Improve deploy under Linux OS)
Different look and feel in Linux [message #1827994] Thu, 28 May 2020 15:27 Go to next message
Esteban Avila is currently offline Esteban AvilaFriend
Hi to all,
i have an rcp app developed using eclipse version 4.9 under windows.

now i have a pc with redhat 7 as OS. I download the same eclipse version and load the project. I am able to run and deploy the app under linux OS.

The problem is that some widgets and controls not look well, some text are out of buttons, textbox are more width that i see in windows.

I know that is for the OS, i wonder if there is a way or plg that can i add to improve this croosplatfrom deploy.

Example:
index.php/fa/38203/0/

Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 May 2020 15:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Different look and feel in Linux [message #1827998 is a reply to message #1827994] Thu, 28 May 2020 19:22 Go to previous message
Rolf Theunissen is currently offline Rolf TheunissenFriend
SWT uses native toolkits/widgets for each OS to best integrate with the look and feel of the OS. Therefore, you cannot assume much about the fonts being used in your application. I guess your layout should be adjusted such that it dynamically resizes your buttons.

As this is mainly a SWT question, I think you will get an better answer by asking on the SWT forum.
Previous Topic:NLS Support for org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt
Next Topic:View construction without making them active first
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:07:28 GMT 2024