Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Type Export in 4diac 1.12.2 (Cannot export previously-created custom FB)
Type Export in 4diac 1.12.2 [message #1827919] Wed, 27 May 2020 00:53 Go to next message
Barry Dowdeswell is currently offline Barry DowdeswellFriend
index.php/fa/38191/0/Hello,
I just updated to 4diac 1.12.2 but was unable to open any of my previous applications. While they were opening, Eclipse told me that the workspace was incompatible.

Since the application was easy to re-create I did so and brought in copies of my SIFB's into the new application. They all re-exported fine but one based on a simple Basic Function Block would not export (image is attached separately)

Did I do something wrong during the upgrade? I'll try to re-create this BFB from scratch and see if it exports this time.

Thanks for your help.
  • Attachment: Image_1.JPG
    (Size: 67.74KB, Downloaded 224 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 27 May 2020 00:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Type Export in 4diac 1.12.2 [message #1827920 is a reply to message #1827919] Wed, 27 May 2020 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is the full text of the error message:

Errors
- F_TO_C_CONV class org.eclipse.fordiac.ide.model.libraryElement.impl.SimpleFBTypeImpl cannot be cast to class org.eclipse.fordiac.ide.model.libraryElement.BasicFBType (org.eclipse.fordiac.ide.model.libraryElement.impl.SimpleFBTypeImpl and org.eclipse.fordiac.ide.model.libraryElement.BasicFBType are in unnamed module of loader org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader @7e28f150) (F_TO_C_CONV.fbt)
Re: Type Export in 4diac 1.12.2 [message #1827934 is a reply to message #1827920] Wed, 27 May 2020 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi Barry,

first of all: Please separate your projects from your workspace. Workspace settings may change between 4diac IDE versions. Projects can always be imported. Please use File -> Import -> existing projects into workspace.

With that you can preserve your projects across 4diac versions.

Regarding your export problem. could you be so kind and write a bug report on it. May I have your FB for testing?
Re: Type Export in 4diac 1.12.2 [message #1827966 is a reply to message #1827934] Wed, 27 May 2020 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Alois,
I appreciate your help. I will perform a clean update on a restored OS image I made before the upgrade and then import the projects as you suggest. I suspect the problem with the export is related since I was able to recreate the F_TO_C_CONV from scratch and export it perfectly.
Thanks
Badger

Re: Type Export in 4diac 1.12.2 [message #1827967 is a reply to message #1827966] Wed, 27 May 2020 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

But the project import should still be working. So if I would really be interested what broke the export. If you still have the broken fb Iwould be happy fousing it for tests.
Re: Type Export in 4diac 1.12.2 [message #1828168 is a reply to message #1827967] Wed, 03 June 2020 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alois,
I am running Ubuntu 18.10 and I was unable to do an upgrade to 1.12.2 from inside 4diac. Hence I performed a clean install of 1.12.2. I created a new workspace, a new HVAC project and then imported the archive file HVAC.zip. That produced a few problems since it created an extra HVAC folder deeper into the project rather than bringing it in to the root of the project as expected. However, after moving the files manually, it worked fine.

All the existing function blocks then exported this time fine except the F_TO_C_CONV. It produced the same error as before. Very strange..

I think the earlier error was related to not upgrading the workspace properly to the new format - I should have used the archive function - my mistake. I have some work to do on this block over the next few days so I suggest we close this issue and I will work further to see why that block is different. I do not think it is related to the new version of 4diac.

Thank you for all your assistance.
Re: Type Export in 4diac 1.12.2 [message #1828188 is a reply to message #1828168] Wed, 03 June 2020 12:42 Go to previous message

Hi Barry,

thanks for the information and your assessment. I hope you can sort out your issue. I would still be interested in your Fb especially as for the upcoming 1.13.0 version of 4diac IDE we are replacing the code generator and strange FBs would be good testcases for the new infrastructure. But I leave it to you to decide if it makes sense or not.
Previous Topic:src/arch/posix/CMakeLists.txt and -DFORTE_LITTLE_ENDIAN
Next Topic:Compiling forte with xilinx toolchain failed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:32:24 GMT 2024