Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Attempt to add cert file to staged changes is ignored
Attempt to add cert file to staged changes is ignored [message #1827646] Tue, 19 May 2020 22:49 Go to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
Still using nightly build of egit on 2020-03 ( 5.8.0.202005150925).

I now have a new problem in the unstaged changes list.

I had already created a branch and had pushed a couple of commits to remote. I made some new changes and I was attempting to move them to staged changes individually. I had changed a couple of plain text files, and those went over fine.

I have one file that is a certificate file. The change I made was to run "unix2dos" on it, because it had checked out with dos line endings. I verified the new file now works correctly when I run my service locally.

While stepping through moving each file from unstaged changes to staged changes (so I can add an appropriate comment in the overall comment block), when I got to this keyfile, my attempt to move it to staged changes was ignored. I have tried all the ways know of, selecting and clicking "+", either in the popup or the icon above list, or dragging the file over, even clicking the "++" icon and removing the files I don't want staged (just dot files). It won't let me stage the file. I checked the log, and there's nothing new.

Not sure how to move forward here.
Re: Attempt to add cert file to staged changes is ignored [message #1827647 is a reply to message #1827646] Tue, 19 May 2020 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
And another curious detail. I decided to give up for now and try to figure out how to get that last file pushed later, so I clicked "Commit and Push" (seems to jump around between that and a truncated "Push HEAD..." label), and then I noticed that the unstaged files view was EMPTY (except for the dot files I don't push). The cert file was gone. I then did a pull to make sure I had the latest on the branch, and I inspected the file, and it had the proper Unix eols.

From this evidence, it seems like it was ignoring my attempt to move the file to unstaged changes because it thought it was already there, and with the current changes, but I'm just guessing.
Re: Attempt to add cert file to staged changes is ignored [message #1827656 is a reply to message #1827647] Wed, 20 May 2020 07:14 Go to previous message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
David, there are still two eol-related fixes pending in review. Possibly your problems are related to them. In any case we cannot analyze such problems without having a git repo with which to reproduce the problem, and detailed steps to reproduce.

For the problem you describe here, it seems entirely possible to put together a small Github repo for reproducing the bug. Could you do so, please? Then tell me where to find that demo repo, and I'll try to find a Windows machine and will try to reproduce.

Otherwise there's nothing we can do.
Previous Topic:After upgrade to 2020-03, egit sees unstaged changes even after replace with HEAD
Next Topic:Binary file detection via gitattributes not working ?!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:55:07 GMT 2024