Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Different version requirements in product versions
Different version requirements in product versions [message #1827607] Tue, 19 May 2020 09:17 Go to next message
JULIEN LAFOURCADE is currently offline JULIEN LAFOURCADEFriend
Hi,

I'm running into an issue with Oomph.

I'm writing a product setup with two versions inside :
- Neon
- 2019-06

For each of these versions, I need to specify plugins versions so I use version ranges on requirements like this :

For neon version :

<requirement
    name="org.sonarlint.eclipse.feature.feature.group"
    versionRange="[3.1.0.201705051000,3.1.0.201705051000]"/>

For 2019-06 version :

<requirement
    name="org.sonarlint.eclipse.feature.feature.group"
    versionRange="[4.3.0.12432,4.3.0.12432]"/>

In each version, I declare a repository like this :

<repository
   url="<url of eclipse sonar repo, http eclipse sonarlint org>"/>

My problem is the following :

I do the Neon install with a project setup alright.
I then install Eclipse 2019-06 with same project setup and when it starts and perform additional tasks of project setup, it asks me to update plugin to Neon version because requirements apply.

Note that it happens only when I use bundle pools.

I'm looking for some advices here. Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks

Julien

Re: Different version requirements in product versions [message #1827663 is a reply to message #1827607] Wed, 20 May 2020 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
You switched from taking about a product setup in the beginning to tasking about a project setup later on. I need more context to understand the issue. Generally a dialog comes up when the current installation's provide does not satisfy the requirements specified in the p2 task. So if you have very restrictive version ranges, it's not clear how it can be possible that the installer installed a different version that exactly the one you required, or how the launched installation doesn't already have exactly the version required while it was created by the installer...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Different version requirements in product versions [message #1827949 is a reply to message #1827663] Wed, 27 May 2020 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JULIEN LAFOURCADE is currently offline JULIEN LAFOURCADEFriend
Hello,

Yes, I have both :
- A product setup where I do specify strict requirements for plugins. I have requirements for Neon and for 2019-06
- A project setup performing essentially preferences tuning, git clone and maven import

When I do a first install of Neon with my product setup and the project setup selected, everything is fine.
Then I do an install of 2019-06 with my product setup and the same project setup, in the end when eclipse starts, it asks me to update to meet requirements of specific versions of neon install.

It only happens when I use a bundle pool.

Hope it is clearer.

Thank you

Julien
Re: Different version requirements in product versions [message #1827978 is a reply to message #1827949] Thu, 28 May 2020 06:17 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Sorry, but without something to reproduce the problem, it's really hard to say anything terribly concrete. You can certainly skip the dialog and inspect the installation profile to see what is installed and you can do Perform Setup Tasks later to see all the requirements of the p2 task. That should help explain what's missing or installed as a different version....

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Eclipse Not visible to other users on Machine
Next Topic:Problem with Launch Task did not find External Tool configuration on first run
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:56:18 GMT 2024