Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Classpath for custom components(ClassNotFoundException for custom JPanel subclass in the same project)
Classpath for custom components [message #1827565] Mon, 18 May 2020 11:10 Go to next message
Magnus  ristiansen-Modéer is currently offline Magnus ristiansen-ModéerFriend
I'm trying to factor out a JPanel to a separate class but it then ended up not showing in the designer (neither in the component tree nor the rendered layout). An anonymous subclass panel created as

contentPane.add(new JPanel() {}, BorderLayout.EAST);

shows up ok but if I then extract it to a nested or separate class (using Eclipse refactorings) it doesn't.

I then tried to add it to the component palette and got a ClassNotFoundException for it (see attached screenshot) which I guess indicates the actual problem. The class and it's (default and only) constructor are public. Moving the class to a different project on the build path didn't help.

So my question is, what is the classpath for windowbuilder? How can I debug this?

My Eclipse installation is 2020-03 for Java Devs on 64 bit OpenJDK 14.0.1.7 with OpenJ9. Eclipse JDK14 support is installed (and preview features are enabled on the project).
Re: Classpath for custom components [message #1827603 is a reply to message #1827565] Tue, 19 May 2020 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Avi Abrami is currently offline Avi AbramiFriend
I'm only guessing, but it could be related to the fact that class MokeTest is in error, according to your attached screen capture. What happens when you fix the errors in class MokeTest ?
Re: Classpath for custom components [message #1827606 is a reply to message #1827603] Tue, 19 May 2020 08:54 Go to previous message
Magnus  ristiansen-Modéer is currently offline Magnus ristiansen-ModéerFriend
No, that doesn't change anything (nor would I really expect it to, Eclipse tends to compile all the classes it can compile, even replacing some errors with placeholder exceptions).
Previous Topic:WindowBuilder Bean Properties Table Displays Getter Method for Custom Swing Component
Next Topic:Properties editor problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:49:07 GMT 2024