Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Disable Dark theme on macOS for eclipse products(dark theme)
Disable Dark theme on macOS for eclipse products [message #1827439] Thu, 14 May 2020 14:08 Go to next message
Guillaume Hillairet is currently offline Guillaume HillairetFriend
Is there a way through properties or other to disable the automatic dark theme selection when macOS is itself set on dark theme.

Our product has plugins that don't support dark theme so I would like the product to be on light theme even if the OS is using a dark theme.

I tried to use org.eclipse.swt.display.useSystemTheme but it did not work.

Thanks.
Re: Disable Dark theme on macOS for eclipse products [message #1827446 is a reply to message #1827439] Thu, 14 May 2020 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolf Theunissen is currently offline Rolf TheunissenFriend
This should be possible by setting the cssTheme property to org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.theme.e4_default
Re: Disable Dark theme on macOS for eclipse products [message #1827535 is a reply to message #1827446] Sun, 17 May 2020 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guillaume Hillairet is currently offline Guillaume HillairetFriend
Thanks for the answer, but I was already using this property. It seems to have no effect. If macOS is set to use dark theme, the eclipse dark theme seems to be activated by default.
Re: Disable Dark theme on macOS for eclipse products [message #1827582 is a reply to message #1827535] Mon, 18 May 2020 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolf Theunissen is currently offline Rolf TheunissenFriend
I don't have macOS available, so I cannot validate. When the option is ignored when the dark OS theme is used, it sounds like a bug. You might get better feedback by creating a bug report for platform UI.
Re: Disable Dark theme on macOS for eclipse products [message #1842708 is a reply to message #1827439] Tue, 29 June 2021 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Nica is currently offline Robert NicaFriend
Same problem here. Setting the cssTheme does not seem to have the desired effect.

@Guillaume Hillairet Have you been able to set the Light mode?
Re: Disable Dark theme on macOS for eclipse products [message #1850056 is a reply to message #1842708] Mon, 14 February 2022 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Csakany is currently offline Robert CsakanyFriend
Hi!

I have the very same situation. I've made product file and I cannot get Light theme by default. In the general settings I can switch but I haven't got any way to make it default.

I've tried:

1. Set default theme for MacOS app in Info.plist

<key>NSRequiresAquaSystemAppearance</key>
	<true/>

2. Set programArg on launcher in product file
-cssTheme
org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.theme.e4_default

3. Set plugin_customization.ini (It is set up correctly, because other aspect is set there)
org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.swt.theme/themeid=org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.theme.e4_default
org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.swt.theme/darkestApplied=false
org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.swt.theme/enableddarkestdark=false
org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt/enableMRU=true
org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt/themeEnabled=true

3. Set cssTheme in the product extension
<property 
  name="cssTheme"
  value="org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.theme.e4_default">
</property>

So I'ven't found any other suggestion in eclipse forum in this topic. I think the problem can be related that this initialization related to global config and settings first, (in the configuration directory/.settings inside the app), but I'm not confident how it works.
Re: Disable Dark theme on macOS for eclipse products [message #1856766 is a reply to message #1850056] Thu, 29 December 2022 21:22 Go to previous message
Jack Green is currently offline Jack GreenFriend
Hi - just wondered if you'd got any further with this?

Previous Topic:Change Colors for not hightlighted text in Dark Mode
Next Topic:Error during building eclipse 4.26
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 13:54:37 GMT 2024