Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » FXCanvas looks blurry on HiDPI
FXCanvas looks blurry on HiDPI [message #1827148] Fri, 08 May 2020 09:28 Go to next message
Lena w is currently offline Lena wFriend
Hey everybody.

I have an Eclipse 4 RCP (using Java 8) based tool in which JavaFX is embedded using FXCanvas. SWT is scaling fine on Windows HiDPI but the FXCanvas scaling seems to be messed up and looks very blurry (especially the font sizes).

The JavaFX content is defined by fxml and css. The css style already uses em for font sizes so I would have expected to have at least a nicely scaled font.

My main question is, what is probably causing this messed up scaling? Is it on SWT side or is it JavaFX? When I turn off SWT autoscaling, it looks way much better.

Maybe someone has an advice for me here. I already did a lot of research on this whole scaling topic and I feel like I ran into a dead end. Most of the information were either about only SWT or JavaFX but not for a mixed up application.
Re: FXCanvas looks blurry on HiDPI [message #1827153 is a reply to message #1827148] Fri, 08 May 2020 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
This is a JavaFX problem fixed IIRC with FX-11
Re: FXCanvas looks blurry on HiDPI [message #1827176 is a reply to message #1827153] Sat, 09 May 2020 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But one warning - performance degrades dramatically because you now need to up and down and upload twice as many pixels. So we built other solutions for our customers, providing much better performance and fix even the HiDPI problem in a Java8 world.
Re: FXCanvas looks blurry on HiDPI [message #1827226 is a reply to message #1827176] Mon, 11 May 2020 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lena w is currently offline Lena wFriend
Thomas Schindl wrote on Sat, 09 May 2020 10:44
But one warning - performance degrades dramatically because you now need to up and down and upload twice as many pixels. So we built other solutions for our customers, providing much better performance and fix even the HiDPI problem in a Java8 world.

Thank you for your answer.
What other solutions are you talking about? Where can I find them?
Re: FXCanvas looks blurry on HiDPI [message #1827264 is a reply to message #1827226] Mon, 11 May 2020 17:55 Go to previous message
None of them is opensource, so there's nothing you might have missed
Previous Topic:efx e4 RCP app won't start once packaged as my.app
Next Topic:FXCanvas with custom Transfer types
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:15:04 GMT 2024