Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Java Code Formatter missing option i'd like to have
Java Code Formatter missing option i'd like to have [message #1827115] Thu, 07 May 2020 12:38 Go to next message
misterti misterti is currently offline misterti mistertiFriend
  void foo2()
  {
    if (true)
    {
      return;
    }
    else
      if (false)
      {
        return;
      }
  }

I would like this code to not move "if" after "else" to the right, but have "if" with same indentation as above "else", keeping the "if" on the next line. There is no option in the formatter for this.

I am interested in adding this option to the default formatter, but would need guidance on where to start.

Thanks.
Re: Java Code Formatter missing option i'd like to have [message #1827254 is a reply to message #1827115] Mon, 11 May 2020 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
misterti misterti is currently offline misterti mistertiFriend
Ok, so i've found the code and made all the necessary changes, ui included, which are working fine in my current release 4.15.
Now, i would like to commit these changes to trunk. Does anyone have a guide/comment on how to do this?

Thanks.
Re: Java Code Formatter missing option i'd like to have [message #1827707 is a reply to message #1827254] Thu, 21 May 2020 08:01 Go to previous message
Noopur Gupta is currently offline Noopur GuptaFriend
To contribute the changes to JDT, please open enhancement requests at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=JDT and attach your patches via Gerrit.
https://wiki.eclipse.org/JDT_Core_Committer_FAQ
Previous Topic:Eclipse 2020-03 attach source not working
Next Topic:OpenHTMLtoPDF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 08:17:02 GMT 2024