Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Make e4 model fragments hidpi aware (icons)
Make e4 model fragments hidpi aware (icons) [message #1827099] Thu, 07 May 2020 08:07 Go to next message
Lena w is currently offline Lena wFriend
Hi everybody.

I hope this is the correct place to post my question.

So I'm currently trying to make an Eclipse 4 RCP appliation HiDPI aware. Strictly speaking, I'm trying to use HiDPI aware images (SVG). It's working fine when I programmatially create png images from these SVGs on fly and display them dynamically.
But I have some fragment.e4xmi files e.g. for a toolbar menu with icons in it (using png images referenced by iconURI which look blury on HiDPI).
How can I make these declaratively defined model fragments HiDPI aware for images?

Maybe someone here can point me into the right direction.
Re: Make e4 model fragments hidpi aware (icons) [message #1828221 is a reply to message #1827099] Thu, 04 June 2020 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolf Theunissen is currently offline Rolf TheunissenFriend
I think Eclipse only supports the .png images an @2x.png images to get some scaling.

There is a bug open to add support for SVG images [1]. Support on GTK has been added, Windows and Mac still need to be done. As you are programmatically creating the png images, you could provide patches via Gerrit to support this.

A workaround for you could be overriding SWTPartRenderer#getImage, and provide a set of custom Renderers for you application [2].

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=545800
[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse4/RCP/Modeled_UI/Rendering_the_Model
Re: Make e4 model fragments hidpi aware (icons) [message #1831072 is a reply to message #1828221] Tue, 11 August 2020 07:23 Go to previous message
Lena w is currently offline Lena wFriend
Thank you very much for your answer and sorry for my late reply.
Helped me quite a lot, thank you!
Previous Topic:Composite Part Orientation
Next Topic:invisible tab after drag and drop the window
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 00:44:28 GMT 2024