Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Jubula versions(Which version is most current)
Jubula versions [message #1827063] Wed, 06 May 2020 14:13 Go to next message
Mike Bray is currently offline Mike BrayFriend
I currently use the standalone version of Jubula (8.7.1.046) and am considering trying the version embedded into Eclipse and have a few questions:

Which is the most up-to-date version, embedded or standalone?
Can I switch from the standalone version to the embedded version with the same project?
Is there any advantage of using the embedded version?
Does the embedded version support JavaFX even though there is not a Launcher option for it?
Lastly, JDK 1.8 is now 6 years old. What are the plans to move Jubula to newer versions?

Any pointers would be helpful.
Regards
Mike

Mike Bray
Re: Jubula versions [message #1827097 is a reply to message #1827063] Thu, 07 May 2020 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
the eclipse for Testers is more up to date than the jubula standalone. But at this moment it makes not a big difference. Today both support JavaFX Swing and RCP/SWT. The standalone version of Jubula has more tools like the external Autagent and the testexec. Aswell as the API Jars and other things.

But if you mean the launch configurations, they are just for eclipse to launch your application against an existing Autagent. For this we only support Swing or RCP and we have not planned to support more.

As for the Support for newer Java Versions, we are already supporting newer Versions for Testing on them. The only thing we did not change is the Java Version of Jubula itself.

best regards
Marvin Müller
Re: Jubula versions [message #1827177 is a reply to message #1827097] Sat, 09 May 2020 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike Bray is currently offline Mike BrayFriend
Thanks for the info, staying with the standalone seems to be the way forward.

Mike Bray
Re: Jubula versions [message #1827302 is a reply to message #1827063] Tue, 12 May 2020 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Mising name is currently offline Daniel Mising nameFriend
Marvin, if i may, i would like to i chime in with a followup-question ... is there maybe a new standalone release lurking in the horizon of your backlog?

I think - but cannot remember, and did not search - that i humbly already have had asked a question like this some time ago? Don't know.

And as a side-question ... how are you guys trying to align jubula development to the not-so-new-anymore release schedule?

Do you try to target things you work on to specific release Trains for the quarterly release or do you have some specific Date/Deadline until someone can name some feature it wants to have included in the next Eclipse-Quarterly-Release-Train?

cheers
Daniel
Re: Jubula versions [message #1828176 is a reply to message #1827302] Wed, 03 June 2020 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a standalone version coming, but it will take some time.
normally we are doing once a year a release. which is aligned with the then current epp.

best regards
Marvin Mueller
Re: Jubula versions [message #1849309 is a reply to message #1828176] Wed, 12 January 2022 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Schulz is currently offline Patrick SchulzFriend
I was hoping to see a new Jubula version in the https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.22/ repository but it was missing in this repo. When will the next next Jubula version be released?

Kind regards,

Patrick
Re: Jubula versions [message #1851535 is a reply to message #1849309] Thu, 07 April 2022 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Mising name is currently offline Daniel Mising nameFriend
Hi Marvin (please excuse my very direct approach),

could you maybe share some updated information with us? Does Jubula plan to take part in one of the coming Release-Trains?

https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/compare

If i understand the packages-compare page correctly there currently is no "Eclipse for Testers" at this Moment.

cheers
Daniel

(On a sidenote there: Might one even get positive vibes about a java11 based Jubula? :) )

(On a second sidenote: Finding online docs for jubula is getting hard. Where would i navigate to ... starting here? https://www.eclipse.org/documentation/ )
Re: Jubula versions [message #1852183 is a reply to message #1851535] Wed, 04 May 2022 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jubula is not part of the Release train anymore. So we will not publish updates to the eclipse repository.
It is currently not planned to get back to it. I think that is also why there is no Eclipse for Testers anymore because we were the main packagage of it.

The latest Documentation we are in is https://help.eclipse.org/2020-12

best regards
Marvin Mueller
Re: Jubula versions [message #1852490 is a reply to message #1852183] Wed, 18 May 2022 09:59 Go to previous message
Patrick Schulz is currently offline Patrick SchulzFriend
Does this mean there will be no further development in Jubula or just that the three-month release cycle does not make sense for Jubula.
Previous Topic:execute linux command from jubula
Next Topic:Selecting Panes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:08:31 GMT 2024