Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Problem in opening Eclipse with Sirius projects
Problem in opening Eclipse with Sirius projects [message #1827011] Wed, 06 May 2020 06:32 Go to next message
Avi Shaked is currently offline Avi ShakedFriend
Hi,

When I try to ope my workspace in Eclipse (new IDE 2020-03 version), which includes a Sirius project with a domain-specific model, I get a message about the need to refresh the diagram. No matter what I select, I get the workspace with a message saying "Failed to create the part's controls" instead of an opened diagram.
If I restart the workspace, everything runs smoothly. If I open the workspace with all diagram closed, everything runs smoothly and I can open the diagrams manually. I noticed that "Loading models" takes some time after opening the workspace, so this might be a problem in the application initialization sequence.

Anyone experienced something similar? any tips?

Attached are the complete details of the error log.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 May 2020 06:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem in opening Eclipse with Sirius projects [message #1827103 is a reply to message #1827011] Thu, 07 May 2020 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Hi,

This looks similar to an old bug that we never got around to fix: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=447150

From the comments at the time, it seems that the cause would be a diagram which points to an "invalid" semantic element (invalid in the sense that the href the Sirius diagram uses to point to that element does not resolve anymore, or maybe is not *yet* resolved at this time).

* Do you use any custom code to open the Sirius projet/session?
* Did the semantic model files change on disk before you reopened the workspace with Eclipse 2020-03?
* Finally, which version of Sirius ae you using (to make sure the stack trace you provide can be interpreted correctly)?

Regards,
Pierre-Charles

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Problem in opening Eclipse with Sirius projects [message #1827106 is a reply to message #1827103] Thu, 07 May 2020 09:26 Go to previous message
Avi Shaked is currently offline Avi ShakedFriend
Pierre-Charles David wrote on Thu, 07 May 2020 09:18

* Do you use any custom code to open the Sirius projet/session?
* Did the semantic model files change on disk before you reopened the workspace with Eclipse 2020-03?
* Finally, which version of Sirius ae you using (to make sure the stack trace you provide can be interpreted correctly)?

Regards,
Pierre-Charles

Hi,

Thank you.
The answer to the first two questions is no.
I am using Sirius 6.3.201910180815 (with Obeo Diesgner Community 11.3 and eclipse IDE 2020-03)
The problem occurs on both distributions.

Any suggestions on how to solve this will be appreciated.

Regards,
Avi
Previous Topic:Creating rows and columns in empty table representation
Next Topic:Making a EAttribute of a EClass read-only in a Sirius model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:24:44 GMT 2024