Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Cannot get InterfaceBlocks and ProxyPorts to pass validation--SysML 1.6
Cannot get InterfaceBlocks and ProxyPorts to pass validation--SysML 1.6 [message #1826987] Tue, 05 May 2020 18:32 Go to next message
Gerhard Jensen is currently offline Gerhard JensenFriend
Hi folks,

I have an existing model that used FlowPorts that I want to migrate to ProxyPorts. I want to define a ProxyPort with one or more data flows and use it similarly to how I used FlowPorts in the past. I can't seem to find a way to define an Interface Block (required for a Proxy Port) that passes validation. Here is what I've tried:

1. Create a new InterfaceBlock
2. Add a FlowProperty as a child of the InterfaceBlock
3. Name the FlowProperty "foo," and set the Type to the Integer valuetype.

When I right-click the <<InterfaceBlock>> in the Model Explorer and click Validate Subtree, I get the following error:

Quote:
Block [6] If a property owned by a SysML Block or SysML ValueType is typed by a SysML ValueType, then the aggregation attribute of the property must be <<composite>>.

No problem... I click on the "foo" FlowProperty in the Model Explorer and set its aggregation to composite, and validate again. This time I get:

Quote:
InterfaceBlock [2] Interface blocks cannot have composite properties that are not ports.

I had no trouble making FlowPorts work and am looking for equivalent functionality that isn't deprecated so that I can show how data propagates through my system. I must be missing something basic about how ProxyPorts are supposed to work. Documentation online seems sparse, and my book on SysML covers only FlowPorts (which pass only data) and standard UML ports (which model only operations). Should I be looking at Full Ports instead?

Is there a tutorial that specifically shows how to make this work in Papyrus?

G.
Re: Cannot get InterfaceBlocks and ProxyPorts to pass validation--SysML 1.6 [message #1827082 is a reply to message #1826987] Wed, 06 May 2020 19:51 Go to previous message
Gerhard Jensen is currently offline Gerhard JensenFriend
I found a related issue:

http://issues.omg.org/issues/SYSML16-100
and resolution
http://issues.omg.org/issues/SYSML16-455

It appears that what I'm trying to do is supposed to be permitted and that this error has been removed in SysML 1.6 as of last year. I'm using the SysML 1.6 package. Is it possible that this change to the spec was not carried into Papyrus' implementation of SysML 1.6?

Previous Topic:Texts cut off after export to PNG
Next Topic:Difficulty to install MARTE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:58:26 GMT 2024