Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Pre-Fill Commit Message(Automatically pre-fill commit message with (derivative of) feature branch name)
Pre-Fill Commit Message [message #1826896] Mon, 04 May 2020 07:53 Go to next message
Wolfgang Petzold is currently offline Wolfgang PetzoldFriend
Hi.

At my company, we are currently making the switch from subversion to git. Working with EGit in a "gitflow" git workflow model, and being required by the company architects' group to prefix every commit message with a Jira ticket number in brackets, I would love to be able to configure the EGit staging view in such a manner that the Jira ticket number be read from the feature branch name (e.g., by prefix or by regex) and have the commit message pre-filled with that information.

Is there a possibility for such a configuration?

Best regards
Wolfgang
Re: Pre-Fill Commit Message [message #1826922 is a reply to message #1826896] Mon, 04 May 2020 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
In the past, I have asked (think I filed a ticket for this) for a more general solution to this, which would have used an integration with mylyn. It would make sense if a dev could define a local task that would specify the value to be integrated into the commit. Logically, this would make sense for a JIRA integration plugin, but I believe that project was abandoned.
Re: Pre-Fill Commit Message [message #1838959 is a reply to message #1826922] Wed, 10 March 2021 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will Mulder is currently offline Will MulderFriend
Hi,

+1 for Jira integration plugin.

The Eclipse/Mylnn/Jira connector is no longer supported by Atlassian and even though the opensource jira-rest-java-client libraries have been updated to handle the api drift of Jira Cloud, I myself have been unable to figure out how to update/fix the plugin (Atlassian Connector for Eclipse / Atlassian JIRA Connector)

Does anyone else use Eclipse and would like a Task-based focus on their Jira workload? I imagine there are many of you out there... How do you do it? Is there another way? Have you handmade your own connector/plugins?

Many thanks if anyone can help.

Best,
Will

Re: Pre-Fill Commit Message [message #1839075 is a reply to message #1838959] Fri, 12 March 2021 13:23 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Don't know if Mylyn is still a thing, their mailing list is pretty silent and not many commits in the last year.
Previous Topic:Applying personal access tokens
Next Topic:Unable to tell when a file has changed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:32:27 GMT 2024