Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Creating rows and columns in empty table representation
Creating rows and columns in empty table representation [message #1826772] Thu, 30 April 2020 09:04 Go to next message
Avi Shaked is currently offline Avi ShakedFriend
Hi,

It seems like it is impossible to create a new row/column in an empty table representation. From what I see, the creation tools start working (appearing on the right click menu) only after at least one row or column already exist.

Is this true? (if so, it would be nice to see this solved on future releases, don't you agree?)

Is there a way to bypass it?

Thanks!
Re: Creating rows and columns in empty table representation [message #1826779 is a reply to message #1826772] Thu, 30 April 2020 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

Indeed, the contextual menu seems to appear only if a table element has been selected. There is the same issue when you open a table with element in it, but right click beyond the last element. You can file a bugzilla about it, but I do not know when we will work on it.

To bypass this issue, you can use the creation tool directly from the main toolbar.

Best regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Creating rows and columns in empty table representation [message #1826810 is a reply to message #1826779] Fri, 01 May 2020 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Steve!

Quote:
To bypass this issue, you can use the creation tool directly from the main toolbar.

Can you please explain this in a more detailed form? (what's the "main toolbar" and how can I associate a creation tool with it?)

Thanks again,
Avi
Re: Creating rows and columns in empty table representation [message #1826903 is a reply to message #1826810] Mon, 04 May 2020 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello Avi,

The main toolbar I mentioned is the one with the save button. On a table representation, the "Create line" and "Create Column" from your table description (.odesign file) are added to the main toolbar as you can see circled in red in the attached screenshot.

index.php/fa/38035/0/

Best regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Creating rows and columns in empty table representation [message #1826942 is a reply to message #1826903] Tue, 05 May 2020 04:41 Go to previous message
Great Steve. Many thanks. I did not notice it before.
I also opened a bug for the original issue, as you recommended (I also saw the issue was discussed on another recent post).

All the best,
Avi
Previous Topic:how to force is-dirty in Sirius framework representation diagram
Next Topic:Problem in opening Eclipse with Sirius projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:10:05 GMT 2024