Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Unable to deploy to GlassFish 4 after build error(GlassFish Tools)
Unable to deploy to GlassFish 4 after build error [message #1826622] Mon, 27 April 2020 21:03 Go to next message
Mike White is currently offline Mike WhiteFriend
I have GlassFish 4.1 installed on my Mac laptop and am using Eclipse 2020-03 with GlassFish Tools 1.01. My web site project uses Maven 3, SpringMVC 4 and Java JDK 1.8. If I create a build error via typo or coding and use run as -> run on server and the build fails the WAR is not deployed. After fixing the problem I'm still not able to deploy my WAR. I have concluded that Eclipse remembers that I had the build error and does not try to deploy to GlassFish . I know this because I don't see any deploy log entries in the GlassFish log and the Can't Deploy message appears right away. At first I started using Maven to build my WAR then going to The GlassFish Admin Console to deploy my Application. After some searching I found some folks were deleting the GlassFish Server and reinstalling it to get it functioning again. That also works for me. I have multiple GlassFish Applications and only ones that had failures fail to deploy, others do deploy. This situation indicates to me that some error status needs clearing to release my error application for deployment.

I'd like to know what the procedure is to clear the error condition with the hope that this condition can be resolved automatically in the future.

I moved from Oxygen to 2020-03 and GlassFish Tools 1.01 hoping that would resolve my issue. It did not.
Re: Unable to deploy to GlassFish 4 after build error [message #1826624 is a reply to message #1826622] Mon, 27 April 2020 22:45 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Have you filed a bug report?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Empsulation fails.
Next Topic:installing eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:30:58 GMT 2024